29. in all the good times

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

WHEN CELESTE

opened her eyes again, she was in her room.

Or a room she thought was hers. She knew that Narcissa had planned to change Celeste's childhood room to a one that would fit a teenager but Celeste never came back to see it. The room was gorgeous, it was darker than she has used to but it was elegant. The room had big windows all the way from the floor to the ceiling and they were framed by black velvet curtains. The sun shone against the windows, revealing that it must be morning already. Celeste jumped up from her bed and ran towards the door, she hasn't informed her tante about anything. 

"Celeste," came Narcissa's voice from the armchair in the corner of the room. The mother sighed out of relief when she saw her daughter getting up from the bed. 

The girl turned on her heel towards the voice. "Mum," she said, surprising herself when the word came out of her mouth. She leaped across the room and threw her arms around her mother. 

Narcissa didn't hesitate to return the embrace. She stroked Celeste's hair gently before burying her face to her daughter's blonde locks. "I am so sorry, my little love," she whispered to her. "We never meant you to get hurt."

"I know. I'm all right now," Celeste sighed, tightening her arms around her mother's torso. Celeste lifted her head up to face her mother. "How long was I asleep?"

"Ten hours," Narcissa said, still stroking Celeste' hair. "Why?" She asked when noticing her daughter's face turning into a frown.

"I didn't tell my uncle or Liv that I was coming here," Celeste bit her lip. "They must be so worried..."

"Cissa! Is she awake?" Lucius' voice came from the foyer before he entered the room. His question was answered immediately when he opened the door and saw his daughter and wife, curled up next to each other.

A smile from ear to ear spread across Lucius' face. "Thank Merlin," he sighed and walked over to them.

Celeste gave her mother a soft smile before getting up and hugging her father. "I'm all right," she said right away, knowing that her father will ask this.

Lucius sighed and placed a kiss on top of Celeste's head. 

"Good," he managed to say. "Good."

He felt enormous amount of guilt over what had happened to Celeste. He hasn't slept at all over the night instead he kept worrying and pacing around the room, nearly making Narcissa mad.