19. you would always return

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

THE MALFOY MANOR

was huge AND for Celeste it felt like a castle. She had woken up the next day earlier than anyone else and decided to take another look at the manor all by herself. She had a house tour the first day she came but she was so nerveous that she didn't really pay any attention. She wandered around the corridors of the manor when she heard cries coming from a room which door was slightly ajar. Even though she hasn't known her mother for that long she knew it was her, she has heard her crying too much already.

"Hey," Celeste said and opened the door carefully and was stunned to walk into a little girl's room, her old room. The room was full out white and baby pink with some silver details. There was beautiful dollhouse in the corner of the room and a huge bed that was clearly too big for the four year old child she once was.

Narcissa turned her head the second she heard Celeste's voice coming from the door. She quickly got up from the floor and wiped her tears away. 

"You're up," she said trying to hide the fact that she's been clearly crying the whole night.

Celeste nodded and walked over to her mother and took her hand. "Please, I need you to stop crying," she sighed and gave her mother a sad smile.

"I know, I just never thought...." Narcissa whispered but couldn't finish.

"That you'll see me again?" Celeste continued softly, not wanting to upset her mother more.

Narcissa nodded biting her lip but couldn't say a word. For the past two days, her life has felt whole again. Not entire whole because her husband who she loved dearly was away but at least both of her children where with her. It was something she had dreamed for years but was too afraid to wish that it would actually become true. 

Celeste smiled warmly and her smile made Narcissa's heart swell. Celeste was definitely very different from the rest of the Malfoys, purely because she wasn't raised by them but she didn't love her any less. 

"For what it's worth, I missed you," Celeste said. "Ever since I started to remember things, I missed you but I really need you to stop crying. It can't possibly be healthy to cry this much."

"My sweet girl," Narcissa sighed and placed her hand on Celeste's cheek. "Don't worry about me, and I promise to try and stop crying."

"Thank you," Celeste grinned before she started to walk around the room. "This was my room?"

Narcissa swallowed. "Y-yes," she said weakly. "I know that I said I'll get it fixed but this weekend has been quite overwhelming. But I'll do it before your next visit."