22. you heard the rumors

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

IT WAS SAFE TO SAY

that William Starling wasn't too pleased to find out that and was now seeing Celeste again. William had asked Celeste to meet him for a lunch which they had in Olivia's office. Olivia was trying to be as neutral as possible in the conversation William and Celeste were having. 

"Are you absolutely sure?" Asked William, nearly sulking like a child.

"Oh come on now Will. She's a teenager and Leo isn't that bad," said Olivia, earning a grateful smile from Celeste.

"But you were so sad and heartbroken when things ended the last time. I bought you a lot of ice cream," reminded William.

Celeste rolled her eyes. "And I appreciated it but Leo and I are good now. We didn't break up because we didn't get along or that we stopped caring for each other. We broke up because we needed some time apart," she explained.

"Mmm you could had taken more time apart..." muttered William. 

"Can you at least try and be supportive of this?" Asked Celeste, batting her eyes lashes the way she did when she was seven and wanted a new toy.

William sighed but nodded. "Of course but just know that it is my job to hate anyone you date."

A few days after Celeste's lunch with William and Olivia, Celeste and Leo were having a picnic after their classes. Leo had surprised her completely, saying that they should go out and study there, but he had planned a very romantic picnic for them.

They had already sat there for an hour, talking, laughing, joking. Celeste told him crazy things that had happened to her while she's been in Hogwarts but she intentionally left the subject family out.

Leo listened Celeste, he had forgotten how sweet and clear her voice is. How contagious her laugh is and how her eyes sparkle when she speaks. He didn't want to ruin their moment but he had to ask, he had to know more, he had to know if Celeste was alright. 

That was a thing about Celeste, she's the most happiest girl in the whole world and she doesn't let things affect her, at least not from the outside but he knew that from the inside she as a mess. "Celeste," Leo started, interrupting Celeste's story about the time the Weasley twins took her wand.