23. all my troubles on a burning pile

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

NARCISSA MALFOY PACED

around the main drawing-room, waiting for her daughter to visit her. She was worried, she hasn't heard from Celeste since she left but Narcissa tried to assure herself that Celeste was just too busy with school. Now that her daughter was back and more importantly alive, she was happy beyond words but scared as well. Things were really unstable at the Manor and putting Celeste in danger was out of the question, but Narcissa couldn't stay away from her daughter either.

"Cissy," Bellatrix entered the room frowning. "She hasn't arrived, has she?"

"No," Narcissa said quickly, clasping her hands together. "But I'm sure she'll be here soon."

Bellatrix gave her sister a thin lipped smile and poured herself a glass of fire-whiskey. "Do you want any?" She asked her sister and pointed at the bottle.

Narcissa just shook her head, she wasn't even quite sure what Bellatrix had asked her. She was too exited and nervous to focus. Sure, she has spent few days with Celeste but she was still very nervous around the girl, she was still quite unsure how to approach things with her. Then finally the floo filled with green smoke but it didn't reveal Celeste, but Draco.

"Draco," Narcissa sighed and walked over to her son. She was happy to see him, especially now that he was on a suicide mission and there was nothing Narcissa could do about it. She hugged her son tightly and guided him away from the floo point, expecting her daughter to show up but she didn't. Narcissa stared at the floo point for another minute, but there was still no sign of her daughter. 

"Mother," Draco said quietly. "She isn't coming."

Narcissa turned her face quickly at her son. "W-what do you mean, she isn't coming? Is she ill? Merlin, is she fine? S-she's not gone, is she?" She started to panic and list all the things she was afraid of.

"No no," Draco said quickly and took his mother's hand and led her to the couch. He took a deep breath in and exhaled it before speaking. "She...she just needs some time to think."

"Think?" Came Bellatrix's voice as she approached her sister and nephew. "What exactly does she need to think about?"

Draco rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably, unsure what to say. How could he inform his mother that her long lost daughter wasn't sure anymore if she wanted to be part of their family. That she was ashamed over the things they have done, and thinks them as evil.