32. i will leave my heart at the door

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

CELESTE 

stared at the front door in front of her and Leo, it was time for them to go. Celeste was in her mother's embrace, the woman standing right behind her and holding her tighter than ever. This was going to hurt like hell, leaving her family behind. 

Last evening had been amazing, spending time together just like any other family. They didn't have worry about the war, Dark Lord, or to their safety and survival. But that wasn't their reality, their reality was filled with worry, fear and sadness. And now, their daughter leaving once again made it all even worse. 

None of the Malfoys wanted Celeste to leave but they knew it was the right choice. Celeste was not going to go through with the Dark Lord's plan so leaving was better than to stay and get hurt, or killed.

"I should go now, shouldn't I?" Celeste said quietly, forcing the tears in her eyes to stay in. She knew that crying would make this just worse. 

No one said a word, everyone were dead silent. The air in the room was warm in a way; family who loved each other but then there was the chilliness. The cold breeze, making everyone fear that they won't see each other, at least alive. 

Celeste felt Narcissa nodding against the back of her head. She felt her shaking arms around her tightening, and the heavy breathing her mother tried to steady. Celeste glanced on her left where her father was standing his hand on her shoulder.

Celeste couldn't help but smile a little; she had heard so many awful things about her father but here the man was, tears spilling on his cheeks. On her right, Draco held her hand. The boy didn't even dare to look at his twin but just stared at his feet. 

"I should go before it's too late," Celeste said, her voice even more quiet this time but she didn't move.

Leo glanced at Celeste who was standing few steps ahead of her. He gave her an assuring smile but the girl didn't move. She just turned around, burying her face to her mother's chest while the woman closed her arms to hold Celeste.

"It's all right sweetie," Narcissa swallowed, trying her best not to cry. 

She looked at her husband who leaned over to give her a kiss on her cheek. Narcissa gave a sad smile to Lucius before focusing back to Celeste, gently stroking the girl's blonde hair as she held her close.