37. hello from the other side

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

TW: DEATH...

EVER SINCE

Beth and Nathan left few months ago, time has been a blur for Celeste. There had been so many changes; the Ministry of Magic was taken over by Voldemort and the Muggle-born Registration Commission was established and Ted Tonks was on the run. Not did Celeste only miss her friends, now there was her uncle who was somewhere and in danger. The atmosphere from the warm and happy Tonks residence had changed as well because of the fear of what might happen to Ted, he was a muggle-born after. 

Because of William's works, Celeste spent most of her time at Andromeda's. The Ministry ― where William works ― was now filled with Voldemort's people which made it hard for William to make sure Celeste was safe. Every day he feared that someone might follow him home and find Celeste.

The Tonks residence was preparing for Dora's baby. Andromeda was all over the place with the baby's arrival ― even more than the soon to be mother. The soon to be grandmother was worrying about everything and everyone. Celeste couldn't blame her aunt for that ― everything was rather terrifying at the moment. 

Celeste sat by the windowsill and looked out from the window. The world around her had started to grey. There was no way that this world she looked at, was the same where she had spend Christmas with her friends and family just some months ago.

Back then everything was so beautiful, the lights, the holiday spirit, everything. And now, it seemed like a lifetime ago.

Sighing and walking away from the window, she decided to take a walk outside. She knew that she shouldn't, and that she should definitely tell Andromeda about going out but she was sure that her aunt wasn't going to let her.

Checking that no one was around, Celeste opened the front door quietly and stepped outside for the first time in weeks. She walked out, turned to look at the Tonks house and noticed Leo and Remus from one window, focused on yet another new plan on how to take down Voldemort. 

She quickly walked further away from the house, just that no one would see her from the windows of the house. Her hand tightening around her wand, she started to walk the empty streets. She pulled the hood of her coat to hide her Malfoy blonde hair to give herself some safety. 

There were no one on the streets, it was like a ghost town. The March air was colder than usual, and the sky was so grey. You couldn't see any color anywhere. After walking awhile, Celeste started to hear footsteps behind her and they were getting closer and closer. Fearing of who might be behind her, she started to walk faster and eventually she was running.