16. there you go again

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

THE NEXT MORNING

Celeste and Narcissa were sitting together on a big armchair while Draco sat opposite of them on his own. Narcissa kept playing with the ends of Celeste's long blonde locks and swirled them in her fingers while Celeste was fast a sleep in her arms. Narcissa looked at her daughter in adoration, she was so beautiful and so sweet. She couldn't take her eyes from the girl, she didn't dare. She thought that the second she looks away, her daughter will be gone and that last night was just a dream. She kept smoothing her daughter's hair when her eyelids started to flutter.

Celeste opened her eyes slowly and the first person she noticed was her mother. She rubbed her eyes gently and pulled herself up to sit. "Hi," she whispered.

Narcissa chuckled. "Hey you," she smiled and caressed her cheek. "Did you sleep well?"

Celeste nodded but stayed quiet, making Narcissa worry. "Celeste, is everything all right?" Narcissa asked carefully, not wanting to scare the girl.

"W-when we first met at the bookstore, did you think that I could've been...?" Celeste asked quickly but instead of looking at Narcissa she just stared at the floor.

"I had suspicions yes, but I had so many over the years so I think I just didn't want to give myself false hope," Narcissa sighed. "But believe me if I'd really knew that it was you, I would've taken you with me right away," she said.

"O-okay," Celeste said and finally decided to look at her mother again. "What happens now?" she asked with her beautiful eyes filled with wonder and worry.

"Well first of all I am never going to let you go," Narcissa chuckled and wiped some of her own tears away. "But if you don't mind, I'd really like to get to know you. Unless it's too early for you?"

"Oh well I suppose it's okay," Celeste said and gave her mother a shy smile. "What do you want to know?"

Narcissa cleared her throat. "Umm what about your family?" She swallowed hard on the word 'family'.

"Mom and dad are dead," Celeste said quietly. "They adopted me when I was four and died when I was six," she explained and tears started to pour down her face.

"Oh," Narcissa said and was stunned by the answer. "I-I'm so sorry..." she said and held her daughter's head near to her chest. "I'm so sorry for everything," she whispered and smoothed Celeste's hair.