45. the time of my life

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

THE WAR

had ended nearly two months ago and finally everything was starting to go back to normal. Thank you to Celeste's quick thinking after the battle of Hogwarts and discussion with Harry, the Malfoys were pardoned from their crimes. All they received from the Ministry was house-arrest and limited access to magic. In the light of everything, in the light of what where they could had ended up, this was better than good. This was another chance for them. 

"Cele," Beth said as she went through her best friend's closet. "I know you love your clothes but are you sure you want to take them all with you? Because I am in a need for new pair of boots," she grinned and took a pair of boots out of the closet.

"Well, if you truly are in such desperate need for them, I suppose you can have them," Celeste smiled while Beth's mouth gaped open. 

She knew how much Celeste adored these boots.

"Are you sure?" Beth asked to make sure and by the look on Celeste's face, the girl was sure.

"Just bring them back when you come back," grinned Celeste. 

Beth squealed happily and ran to give her best friend a hug.

Life has been great lately. Beth and Nate have been spending the summer in England with Celeste and soon all three were about to start Hogwarts again. But for now, Beth and Nate were heading back to America for a couple of weeks to spend time with their families before school starts.

And as for Leo ― the boy wasn't going to let his girlfriend live in another country so he's transferring to Hogwarts as well. 

"I will wear them every day," Beth grinned.

The door of Celeste's room opened and Nathan walked in, his hands filled with sheets of his piano composes. He walked over to his two best friends, the two girls he considers as his sisters, and stopped right in front of them.

Celeste let go of Beth and frowned at Nate who just rolled his eyes. 

"I though you might want these," he said and handed the pieces of papers to Celeste. "These are your favorite pieces I've composed," he said with a thoughtful smile.

"Thank you Bash," Celeste said and tiptoed to give Nate a peck on his cheek.

The Malfoy girl placed the papers on her trunk and closed it, this was it. She sighed heavily, wondering what her life was going to be like from now on. She sat down on her bed and gave her friends a teary smile, making the two brunettes walk to her.