13. wake from your sleep

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

CELESTE HAD HOPED 

to have a normal day but she was wrong. She had woken up after her little afternoon nap and was now walking around the school's garden. The reason for her little walk was a new memory which she experienced during her nap. It was a memory of her mother in which they talked about Celeste's twin brother. 

A twin brother Celeste thought, she has one of those. Just the thought of having one, confused her, excited her and made her sad. She has another half, someone she shared everything with and now she doesn't even know his name.

Celeste didn't have any siblings ― unless she counted Beth and Nathan which she did. She thought of them as her siblings even though she hasn't known them her whole life. But then again, Celeste has never been one who thinks that blood means anything between people.

But the thought of having a sibling whom she shared more than mutual feelings towards each other was so strange to Celeste but yet so sweet and warm.

⋆*·゚:⋆*·゚:⠀ *⋆.*:·゚ .: ⋆*·゚: .⋆

Little Celeste sat on her mother's lap while her mother read a bed time story to her. "Mama?" Celeste asked.

"What is it my girl?" Her mother's soothing voice asked her.

"My friend has a brother, a older brother as well but how come he's much older than she is? Because my brother is the same age but he's older....I don't understand," Celeste sighed and played with the hem of her mother's silk robe.

Her mother couldn't help but laugh a bit. "Oh my little love, that's because you and your brother are twins."

"Huh?" Even more confused Celeste asked.

"You see sometimes there's one baby in mommy's tummy, sometimes there's two, like you and your brother," her mother explained and soothed the back of Celeste's head.

"And dragon is older because...?"

"Because he was born earlier, he's ten minutes older," her mother said.

"Aaah," Celeste nodded.

"You didn't understand, did you?" Her mother chuckled and wrapped her arms around Celeste.