17. all the lonely people

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

LUCIUS MALFOY 

sat in his cell, his back against the cold and humid wall. There was no light in Azkaban, and by light he meant not only the sun light but his wife and children. Lucius' life hasn't been fully lighted since his daughter was taken. The void it placed on the young family they once were. 

He became more reserved when it came to his feelings, he avoided to show any warm emotions towards anyone except to his wife. His lovely wife who became very ill after Celeste was taken. Narcissa didn't sleep for four days when the kidnapping happened and it took several months for her to fully sleep at all without waking up every twenty minutes, screaming and crying after their little girl. Lucius tried his best to be there for Narcissa, and he did an excellent job. So excellent that in the progress he forgot to take care of himself, leading to not wanting to talk about Celeste.

Lucius cursed himself in his head, how he had treated Narcissa on that one day when he found her in Celeste's room. He should had let her be there and grief but the stress that the Dark Lord's return had put him under took the win on that day. Naturally he did apologized and then they cried after their princess for the rest of the day.

⋆*·゚:⋆*·゚:⠀ *⋆.*:·゚ .: ⋆*·゚: .⋆

"Papa!" A four years old Celeste called for her father as she ran to his study. The girl opened the big door that let to the room where her father was.

Lucius heard the door cracking open. He turned around to see who was coming in and for his delight it was his darling girl. "Hello princess," he smiled and gladly took the running girl in his arms. "How are you?" He asked and gently tickled Celeste.

Celest giggled. "I'm good," she said between her giggles.

"Perfect," Lucius said and kissed the top of Celeste's head but noticed that there was something bothering the girl. "Celeste is everything okay?" He asked with a hint of concern in his voice.

Celeste nodded but Lucius wasn't buying it. He turned the girl on his lap to face him. "Celeste," Lucius sighed and stroked her hair gently. "You do know that you can come to me abut anything, right?"

"I know papa," Celeste said biting her lip.

"Good, so could you tell me what's wrong?" Lucius asked again, his tone soft and even.