10. go row the boat

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

LUCIUS MALFOY 

was the name of the asshole William Starling couldn't stand. He thought Mr Malfoy was a smug man who thought too much of himself. He would only parade around the Ministry, signing a few papers while pretending that he was the high might man and without him the Ministry would fall.

William's hatred towards the man didn't get any better when he found out that Lucius Malfoy had taken part of the little battle in The Department of Mysteries ― a battle Celeste had joined for some reason.

When William found out that Celeste had been there as well ― fighting against Azkaban escaped prisoners and Death Eaters ― he thought about pulling Celeste out of school. He didn't appreciate that his niece had taken part of something so dangerous and reckless. The very thought of loosing Celeste was already too painful to bare but for it to actually happen ― William knows he won't survive it. 

Summer holiday had started a few days ago and William was more than glad to have his wife and niece living under a same roof once again. Although just in a few days, the house was filled with Celeste's things in every corner. As smart as the girl was, she was not the tidiest and leaves a mess everywhere she goes. 

"Liv!" Shouted Celeste from her room on the second floor. "Did you take my boots?"

"No honey, I did not," Olivia answered and entered Celeste's room with a box full of new plants. "Did you check under your bed? Because that's where all the missing stuff usually go."

"Yeah right," said Celeste with a playful eye roll but when she looked under her bed, she saw her rain boots. "Why are you always right?"

Olivia grinned. "Someone has to be. Now come on, it's breakfast time."

Celeste and Olivia found their way to the dining room where William was already drinking his morning coffee and reading a copy of the morning's Daily Prophet. Celeste took a place next to her uncle while Olivia sat on the other side of the table. 

"Are you still mad at me?" Asked Celeste when William didn't say anything. "I didn't mean to get into danger."

William chuckled a little before placing his paper down and turning to look at his niece. "And yet, you did," he said in a serious tone but his face was telling that he wasn't exact mad at Celeste but just worried. 

"And I said I'm sorry," reminded Celeste. 

"I just don't want you to get hurt, all right?" Said William.