39. the sun'll come out

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

disclaimer: a slight panic & ptsd attack. mentions of death. not too graphic but still.

CELESTE'S

disappearance didn't hold that much value when she arrived back to the Tonks residence. In any other time it would had been a big deal, but the remaining Tonks family had just found out about Ted's death. 

Andromeda was withdrawn, unable to process what had happened. Everything reminded of Ted, every piece of furniture, every small detail of the house reminded her of her husband. Of her husband whom for she left her own parents, sisters for but there hasn't been a day she has regretted that choice. Her family was with Ted and now he was gone. 

If someone took the death of Ted Tonks even harder, it was Nymphadora Tonks who was soon to give birth. She didn't do anything else than cry and curse the world for taking her father. Edward Tonks was never to see or know his grandchild, and that broke everyones' hearts. Andromeda tried to remain strong whenever her daughter was around, but when Nymphadora went to bed at the late hours, Andromeda cried.

It was another late evening at the Tonks residence when Nymphadora had gone to bed. Celeste was laying on the couch, her head on Leo's lap. The Marchal boy was still slightly upset at his girlfriend's disappearance act a week ago but with everything else that was going on, he only thanked that she had returned safely. He ran his fingers through Celeste's blonde hair.

"You should go to sleep," Leo said when he checked the clock on the wall. "It's getting late."

Celeste merely shook her head. "I can't, not until Tonks has. She cries, and I can't hear it," she whispered, a tear running down her cheek. She glanced at her right, where Andromeda was, sound asleep. She hasn't slept in her bedroom since Ted, she didn't dare to go there and know that he will never return. 

"Okay," Leo said, not wanting to press on the matter. He understood, the painful sobs coming from Nymphadora's room were heartbreaking. The only way Celeste, Leo and Remus had managed to make Andromeda fall asleep was to give her a sleeping draft but they didn't want to give one to Nymphadora, they wanted to be on the safe side when it came to her pregnancy.

"I hate this," Celeste sighed, lifting her head from Leo's lap. "Why does bad things happen to good people? They don't deserve this, none of them. I mean, Ted was so innocent. Merlin, the world is just so cruel. People die, loved once die."