Chapter 23: Secret Of A Mermaid

"Hyungs, come on, please! We have to get some writing done on the new songs for the new album. If we keep putting it off then we're going to be rushing to get it all done. Plus, we're going to have to set up for a new music video and we have to practice new choreography," Jungkook stated with a heavy sigh as he glanced around at his uninterested and unwilling to participate hyungs, who were slumped on the couch.

"Jungkook, we still have 2 whole months to finish this," Taehyung voiced with a sigh as he scrolled through his phone. Jungkook clicked his tongue as he reached over and snatched his hyung's phone away earning a glare from his hyung.

"Hyung, I know that, but we can't go leaving this to the last minute either. We're only doing this for a few hours and then we're heading down to the beach this afternoon," Jungkook recalled with a knowing look. His hyungs all groaned at that as they sat up.

"Fine, but only for a few hours," Yoongi commented with a sigh.

"Yes, only for a few hours. Trust me hyungs, you'll thank me when the due date comes around. Plus, we don't want to disappoint ARMY," Jungkook mentioned as he jotted down a few song lyric ideas.

"Tch, who cares?" Hoseok asked with a click of his tongue as he stretched his arms. This question made the youngest one's eyes go wide in pure and utter shock.

"Hyung, how could you ask something like that?" The youngest one asked with a look of disbelief. Hoseok responded with a shrug making Jungkook feel disheartened. He knew that his hyung didn't really mean that when he asked that question. He knew that it was all the influence of the sirens, but still hearing his hyung ask such a question like that, especially about their fans, the ones who have supported them from the very beginning, broke his heart a bit.

"Listen Jungkook, these songs and albums are ours. So what if we don't put them out on the due date. If they were our true fans then they would be patient and wait for when we're ready and when we're done," Seokjin continued with a shrug and neutral expression. Jungkook couldn't believe what he was hearing. Both he and his hyungs were always doing whatever they could to make their fans happy.

"Yeah, I say who cares if we make them disappointed," Jimin added with a scoff as he leaned back on the couch and reached out towards one of the sirens.

"I cannot believe you just said that hyung! Our fans mean everything to us. They've been with us through thick and thin. ARMY is the reason that we make music, that we push through hate, that we've reached success. We wouldn't be here today without them. We can't disappoint them and believe me you're going to regret saying that you don't care," Jungkook said seemingly scolding his hyungs for saying such negative and heartless words. He knew it wasn't actually them saying all of these things, but he knew how heartbroken their fans would be if they heard the boys say such things. Jimin rolled his eyes at that, but sat up.

"Alright, fine, few hours of working on the new lyrics and then we'll head to the beach and the girls will go do some shopping," Namjoon announced with a heavy sigh, but still began to do some work. The other members all groaned, but did the same. Jungkook sighed in relief at that as he continued jotting down new song lyric ideas.

For a few hours, they worked on their new songs for their new album. They didn't get a lot done, but they managed to come up with some new content that ARMY would surely love when their new album comes out. Once they were done, they all stood up from the couch, stretching their arms out.

"Alright, beach time now!" Taehyung exclaimed excitedly as he rushed off to his room to change into his swim suit.

"Sigh, after doing all of that, I don't really wanna go to the beach now," Yoongi said as he yawned and rubbed at his eyes.