Chapter 19: Moon Pool

Jungkook let out a sigh of exasperation. Yesterday when he returned from seeing Y/N, after learning that the group of girls that he met were actually Y/N's siren pod, he wanted to protect his hyungs and make sure that they no longer saw them, but it was difficult. His hyungs didn't understand why he wanted them to stay clear of those girls. Plus, the fact that he couldn't actually share with them the real reason why he didn't want them anywhere near those girls made it even harder. His hyungs simply just thought that he was just jealous of them or that he was too afraid to talk to the girls, but that wasn't case at all.

Apparently as well, after he had left the dorms yesterday, when he heard the singing, it occurred to him now that his hyungs were probably completely under the spell of those sirens, so making them see that those girls were trouble or even making them see reason was practically impossible. He really needed Y/N's help on this, but even she had no idea what to do and it's not like she could come visit him because unlike her siren pod she didn't have the ability to walk on land.

He searched the internet for hours trying to find ways to break a siren's enchantment, but most of the sites he went to told him that once a human is under the enchantments of a siren then there is no hope for them. He really did not like that conclusion as these were his hyungs and if his hyungs anything were to happen to his hyungs he wouldn't know what to do.

"Ah~, I miss the girls so much," Jimin said in a whiny tone making Jungkook roll his eyes in annoyance.

"I know, me too. Let's invite them over!" Taehyung exclaimed with his boxy smile wide. Jungkook's eyes widened at that and he glanced at his hyung.

"No no no! Nope! Absolutely not!" Jungkook protested as he shook his head furiously. He didn't have an answer to wake his hyungs from the sirens' enchantments, but he could prevent his hyungs from seeing the sirens for as long as he could until he found an answer. His hyungs glanced at him with sour expressions.

"Well, we weren't asking for your permission Jungkook," Yoongi responded in a cold tone.

"That's right. As the youngest one of the group, you should respect the decisions of your hyungs instead of always rebelling," Seokjin added with a firm look in his eyes. Normally, Jungkook would ignore when his hyungs would say something like that, but hearing and seeing the harshness in their voices and gazes made him stiffen. He knew that his hyungs didn't mean to be strict him with, but being scolded so piercingly made him feel a pang in his heart. Perhaps it was simply because his hyungs were always so nice to him and showering him with love that he wasn't used to them being cold. Regardless, under their intense and chilly stares, he went quiet, not wanting to argue with them or making them anymore angry with him.

"We're going to invite the girls over. When they come over, make sure to be nice to them even if you dislike them," Namjoon instructed as he sent the youngest member an icy stare before taking his phone out and calling up the girls to come to the dorms.

"Don't worry hyung, you don't have to worry about that. I won't be here when they come," Jungkook muttered with a sad sigh as he stood up from the couch and headed to his room. He hoped at least one of his hyungs would follow after him, but none of them did. This made him upset and he closed his bedroom door. He stood, leaning against his bedroom door, with an agitated look on his face and he bit his lip to stop himself from wanting to throw something across the room.

It had only been two days since Y/N's siren pod had brought themselves into his and his hyung's lives and already his hyungs were completely enamoured by them. He needed answers soon before those sirens had complete control over his hyungs' minds.

Sighing, he looked down at the necklace with Y/N's scale in it and held it in his hand. It shined its usual bright purple colour making the room glow the same colour. He smiled as the pretty colour reminded him of two of three things that he cherished most in the world: ARMY, his fans, and Y/N, the cute and beautiful mermaid. Still, it wasn't whole without his hyungs.