Chapter 12: A Story Of The Hyungs

"Haha Y/N stop!" Jungkook shouted as he laughed. He ran around in the water, trying to escape the splashes of Y/N, who was flicking water at him with her tail. Y/N giggled at watching him trying to get out of reach from her splashes, but she was a mermaid so she caught up to him easily. She continue to flick water at him with her tail. "Y/N! Come on~! I'm completely drenched! Haha!"

"Hehe, I win~," Y/N hummed with a victorious grin on her face as she stopped flicking water at him and lied back on her back, gazing up at the sky. Jungkook wiped away the water from his face before floating on his back beside her, gazing up at the sky as well. He let out a peaceful sigh and shut his eyes, letting himself enjoy this moment.

He had come to the beach in the morning, right after breakfast. Namjoon and Yoongi decided to come along, which he found convenient since Yoongi took a nap and Namjoon read, so he was able to slip away without either of them noticing, but he did still keep an eye out in case if they were looking for him.

He had told Y/N that since she beat him in the splash war yesterday that he would beat her this time, but she beat him once again. When she told him that she was 'the splash queen', she wasn't kidding. Still, he put up a good fight, but he was at a disadvantage since she had a tail, so she could move through water more easily and catch up to him. But despite losing, he still felt content to just be out here with her and have fun.

"Ah..., I wish the hyungs could be here to enjoy this," he voiced unknowingly as he breathed in a sigh. Y/N glanced at him out of the corner of her eyes and a somewhat gloomy expression clouded over her eyes. She felt guilty that Jungkook had to keep her existence a secret from his hyungs, but the less people knew about her existence would make it safe for both of them to meet like this.

"You haven't told them, right?" She asked worriedly and curiously. She sighed in relief when he shook his head. "I've never thanked you for that."

"What do you mean?" He asked in confusion as he glanced at her with a raised eyebrow.

"You could have told them any time that you wanted. You could have told them the first day we met, but you didn't, so... thank you," she thanked him with a gentle smile as she reached over and poked his cheek gently, earning a warm smile from him.

"I promised you, didn't I? I don't break promises," he stated with a confident look as he reached over and booped her nose with his finger, making her giggle. They floated in silence for a moment, getting lost in their own thoughts.

Even though he had told her that he wouldn't ask anymore questions regarding her, he still couldn't help but still be curious as to what was so bad that he would be in danger by knowing it. Though, despite his curiosity, he wasn't going to know what it was because Y/N had made it clear that she wasn't going to spill the beans about herself or her past.

He breathed in the salty air and moved his arms around a little, just feeling the touch of the sea water on his skin, making it all tingly. His hand brushed up against Y/N's hand as he moved them around. When his hand touched hers, he glanced at her in surprise and his eyes met her startled ones. They stared at each other for a moment before smiling shyly then pulling their hands away.

"Jungkook...," she murmured softly as she lifted her head to look at him. He lifted his head when she said his name and he looked at her with a questioning look.

"Hm?" He hummed in a questioning way.

"About your hyungs... can you tell me about them?" She asked with a look of wonder. Jungkook was surprised by this question, but he soon smiled and nodded vigorously.

"Hm... who should I start with?" He asked himself as he thought for a moment before shrugging, "I guess I'll start from the youngest to the oldest, so V hyung. Kim Taehyung, who I call V hyung is the next youngest member after me. He's a lot like me. We're both really weird, but like sometimes he's even weirder than I am. Rapmon hyung sometimes calls him 4D and Jimin hyung calls him an alien, hehe."