Chapter 29: Beware The Sirens

Ever since the sirens found out about his relationship with Y/N, Jungkook and his hyungs had been on a close look out to see if the sirens would make an appearance. So far, they hadn't, but they had a strong feeling that they would at some point and with that strong feeling it was hard to say if it was even safe or not for them to set foot outside as the sirens could be hiding anywhere ready to pounce on them and kill them.

Jungkook sighed as he stared out the window and towards the sea. The sun was shining out, creating a glossy shine across the water. He desperately wanted to go back out there, not just to see the water, but to see Y/N and make sure that she was doing ok. He remembered from yesterday after he left, even though she had reassured him that she would be fine she still had a look of worry on her face. His crazy idea to bring her to the dorm and put her in the bathtub for a while may have sounded crazy at the time, but at least if he had done that then he would have known that she was alright and he could have protected her. Instead, here he was standing by the window and hoping that the sirens did nothing bad to her.

What a mess he had made and this time it was truly his fault. The reason he and his hyungs were locked inside and the reason Y/N could be in danger was because of him. He wished he could blame someone for what had happened, but in truth, the only person he could blame was himself.

"You ok buddy?" A voice asked from behind him as he felt a hand on his shoulder. He glanced behind him slightly to see Hoseok standing there with a worried expression written all over his face. He stared at his hyung for a good moment or so before sighing and looking back to the window.

"I was such an idiot. What was I thinking?" Jungkook asked both his hyung and himself as he looked down. Hoseok went to say something, but stopped when the younger one continue speaking. "I knew the dangers, the risk there would be if Yoongi hyung and I went to the island and got caught by the sirens and yet I went anyways. Now, our lives and Y/N's life is in danger."

"You don't know that for sure. Besides, you said that Y/N told you that the sirens wouldn't hurt her," Hoseok mentioned with a comforting smile.

"Yeah, she told me that just to make sure I wouldn't worry, but you weren't there hyung. You didn't see the look of worry on her face when I started to leave," Jungkook argued as he pushed off his hyung's hand from his shoulder and leaned against the window. His hyung sighed at that and said nothing for a bit as he was unsure of what to say to make the younger one feel better. He simply stood next to the younger one, hoping that his presence alone would help him to know that he was there for him.

Jungkook stood there staring out at the water once again, pondering in thought until something occurred to him. Out of him and his hyungs, he was the only one with the immunity to the siren song and he was the only one who had fought off a siren. He remembered back when Oceana had been trying to enchant him and she kissed him. He shuddered in remembrance at that. Sure Oceana was now kind of one of the good ones, but it still disgusted him at the thought of her kissing him. When she had done that, he had pushed her off with not too much force, so he figured if he was able to do that then he stood at least some chance if the sirens tried to attack him. Then again, the sirens were a large group, he would need to unleash his full strength if he were to overpower them. Still, at least he wouldn't be enchanted whereas his hyungs would. He and he alone could visit Y/N and see if she was ok and that was what he planned to do.

Turning around, he walked towards the door of the dorm, his hyung watching him with a raised eyebrow.

"Where are you going Jk?" Hoseok asked curiously and concerned as he watched the younger one hurriedly grab lots of things and stuff them into a bag.

"I'm going to see Y/N," Jungkook responded as he slung a bag over his shoulders and slipped his shoes on.

"Jungkook, you can't. The sirens could be out there," Taehyung protested as he and the other members walked into the doorway.