Chapter 28: Siren Moon Pool [P2]

"Uuf... Jungkook, I can't swim anymore," Yoongi complained as he stopped and tread water. He looked at how much distance it was from him to the island and he let out a groan at how much more he had to swim. He was trailing after Jungkook, who was quite a ways ahead of him. "Hey! Jungkook! Wait up!"

"Come on hyung, keep swimming, we're almost there!" Jungkook hollered back as he stopped swimming and glanced back at his hyung. He watched with amusement as his hyung exaggeratedly struggled to swim and catch up to him.

"Jungkook! Come on, help me out here!" Yoongi exclaimed as he swallowed some water and coughed loudly. Jungkook sighed a bit, but reluctantly swam back over to help his hyung. He reached his hyung in seconds and grabbed onto his arm.

"You ok hyung? Did you swallow a lot of water?" Jungkook asked his hyung who had finally finished coughing. His hyung had a grimace plastered across his face as he glared at him. "What's wrong? Why are you glaring?"

"Why am I glaring? Gee! I don't know! Maybe it's because you made me swim more than 100 shark lengths of body of water and now I've swallowed way too much salt water! Do you realize how messed up my vocal cords are going to be after this little adventure of yours?!" Yoongi asked in a loud and frustrated tone as he went to cross his arms over his chest, but just as he did, his body began to sink. In panic, he quickly started moving his arms under the surface of the water to keep him afloat.

"Sorry hyung, but I did say that you didn't have to come with me," Jungkook responded with a shrug as he turned away from his hyung and started swimming towards the island again. Yoongi huffed in irritation and looked away for a brief moment, but when he looked up again his eyes widened when he saw that Jungkook had already swam a full pool length distance ahead of him.

"Hey! Jungkook! Wait! Don't leave me out here to be eaten by sharks and stung by jellyfish!" Yoongi hollered as he quickly kicked and moved his arms to catch up to the younger one. Jungkook chuckled at that as he slowed down his swimming, so that his hyung could catch up. He could see the island not to far from him and he wanted to swim there quickly, but he didn't want to leave his hyung behind, so he swam at a slow pace. His hyung was catching up, at a ridiculously slow pace, but regardless he was still catching up and when his hyung had finally caught up, he took off again, earning a loud groan from his hyung. "UGH! Jeon Jungkook! Get back here and help me!"

"Aish, hyung, you're so slow. Hurry up or we're going to end up still being out here when it gets dark. Trust me, I've been out here when it's dark and it's kind of scary," Jungkook called out to his hyung as he slowed down his swimming speed again and decided to just float on his back in the meantime while he waited for his hyung to catch up. He stared up at the blue sky, well... maybe not quite as blue as it had been before. It was going into late afternoon, the sun was beginning to go into its setting stage. The sky was alight with red, orange, pink, and yellow colours and fluffy clouds that had become a dark shade of white blocked some of the sunlight making the water look darker in certain areas.

"Ok, if I'm going so slow then why don't you pull me, so we can speed things up," Yoongi suggested as he stopped swimming. He tread water while huffing and puffing. Jungkook didn't respond to that making the older one sigh in annoyance, but without saying another word he started to swim again, gradually catching up to the younger one who was still floating on his back by the time he caught up to him. When Yoongi caught up to Jungkook, he poked at his arm. "Hey! Don't go to sleep again!"

"I'm not. I'm just enjoying the water and the colours of the sky. It's everyday that we get a view like this," Jungkook commented with a pleasant smile as he breathed in the warm, salty sea air. Yoongi scoffed at that, but still floated on his back beside Jungkook and stared up at the sky. He had to admit that the younger one was right. The view was beautiful with colours spreading across the sky. He let out a stifle of a chuckle as he smiled slightly. Only views like this you could get by being out on the water. They remained there for a few minutes enjoying the view while the waves pushed their bodies around gently. Finally, after a few minutes, Jungkook sighed a bit. "Alright, come on hyung, we still got a little ways to go." Yoongi groaned at that as the two of them went back to a vertical position in the water, but when they looked to see how much further they needed to go to their surprise they saw that they were already at the island. "Oh.., nevermind, we're here."