Chapter 42: Sirens' Disappearance

It had been five days since Y/N and the sirens had left in order to not put their existence in any more danger than it had already been.

Throughout that time, the members occupied themselves with practicing the choreography for their new songs and working out. They didn't go outside, so they could avoid bumping into any paparazzi and reporters.

Most of the articles that were being posted were asking about the whereabouts of the sirens and why the members weren't confirming about their knowledge of where the sirens went.

Dr. Kai hadn't been posting much either on his research website. Most of his research that he had undergone he had already posted. There wasn't much that was new for him to post, which was a good thing. He didn't have anything to make the news go up in a frenzy.

Fans, however, still did post things on Instagram and Twitter and other social media sites asking for answers about their involvement with Y/N, but they still hadn't responded to it. Hoping that the questions would eventually die down if they didn't confirm anything. After all, most rumours that were spread about them on social media about 99% of the time ended up being just that, rumours.

Jungkook had barely said anything the past five days. His smile were always forced and his eyes were always red and puffy every morning from having cried every night.

The members would sometimes stand outside of his room and listen in. Mostly what they heard was him sniffling quietly and occasionally murmuring Y/N's name. He would often ask to nobody and nothing why she had to leave, but would never receive an answer back.

The members were growing increasingly concerned for him as he didn't eat as much as he used to making him become skinnier and skinnier. He would sleep less too and would stare out of his window at the ocean, hoping to see that shimmering purple tail that he was always longing to see.

By the fifth day, he had begun to accept the fact that Y/N had left and wasn't coming back, but it didn't mean that it made it any easier for him move on. His love for her held him back from moving on much of the time because deep within his heart he hoped that one day she would return to him and they could be together safely.

"Jungkook. Jungkook? Jungkook!" He heard the voice of his hyung calling out to him in a distant tone as he felt a tap on his shoulder. He blinked a bit, coming out of his thoughts and looking over to see Namjoon looking at him with a worried expression.

"Did you say something hyung?" He asked feeling dazed and unfocused as he stared at his hyung.

"Yeah, I said that the practice is over," Namjoon voiced in a calm tone, keeping his hand on the younger one's shoulder. Jungkook nodded slowly in response. "Let's go have a bite to eat now, ok?"

"Um.. I think I'm going to stay and practice some more. You and the other hyungs can go eat though," Jungkook answered with a small, forced smile as he shrugged off his hyung's hand from his shoulder and returned to the center of the dance studio. He heard his hyung sigh as he positioned himself in front of the mirror and stared at his reflection.

"Jungkook, Namjoon, are you coming?" Jimin asked curiously as he noticed the two members not following behind. Namjoon nodded while Jungkook shook his head in response. "Aren't you hungry Jungkook-ssi?"

Jungkook shook his head in response as he turned his attention back to the mirror of the dance studio. Jimin sighed a bit at that as he turned away, following after the others towards the door of the dance studio.

Namjoon watched Jimin follow after the others before looking back at the youngest. He grabbed the younger one's water bottle and handed it to him. "Jungkook, you should at least have something to drink."