Chapter 33: Striking a Deal

Jungkook fixed his dress shirt as he stared at his reflection in the mirror. He sighed heavily. Today, he and his fellow band mates were going to meet with the reporters who took those pictures of them with Y/N and try to strike a deal.

He didn't know how he and his members got into this mess. Actually, correction, he did know, he knew perfectly well how he and his members got into this mess. He knew that it was mainly his fault for not being careful enough. He knew that he should have trusted his uneasy feeling and now he was facing a true dilemma, one that could ruin his and his members careers, but also put Y/N in danger. He had to fix things and fast before the media got a hold of the photos and any footage of him and his members with Y/N. He was determined to fix all of this before things got ugly.

"Jungkook, you ready?" Yoongi asked as he knocked on the younger one's door before entering the room. He looked around for the younger one and found him standing in front of the mirror. He sighed as he approached the younger one and stood behind him. "You doing alright?"

"Hyung... I've made such a mess of things," Jungkook responded with a heavy sigh as he looked down at the ground, slumping his shoulders as well.

"Hey now, stop beating yourself up. It's not just your fault. It's all of our faults really. We all should have been more careful. We've been seeing her out in the open like this the whole time. Honestly, it's shocking that we've been able to visit her so many times without something like this happening earlier," Yoongi stated with a small chuckle as he patted the younger one on the shoulder. Jungkook forced a small smile at his hyung's words, but still felt defeated in a way. "Don't worry, we're going to get through this. We've been through a lot worse and we always managed to pick ourselves up and push through."

"I know, but this time... it's different. All those other times, our careers weren't in danger," Jungkook pointed out with a solemn look. Yoongi clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes.

"What you're saying is bullshit and you know it," Yoongi remarked with a slightly disappointed look. Jungkook looked at his hyung in confusion. "Our whole careers, all of our struggles, we've always had to fear about our careers being in danger. We almost disbanded because we feared too much that our careers were in danger, but we didn't give up. We fought like hell and look where we are now. We're on top of the world. We're the biggest, most popular boy band in the world. Well, maybe besides One Direction since they're pretty popular too, but we're still rising and we're going to keep rising. We're not going to let something like this stop us from reaching the top and doing better every single time."

Jungkook listened to what his hyung said and he nodded, agreeing and understanding all that he said. His hyung was a man, who didn't express his emotions too much, but when he did, he knew the exact words to say. He knew that what his hyung was saying was the truth too and yet, it wasn't just their careers that he worried about. It was Y/N that he continued to worry about. If those photos were to be put out onto social media, how would it effect her? The consequences were something that he didn't want to think about.

Yoongi looked at the younger one, who a concerned look. He could tell that his words had effect on the younger one, but he could tell that there was still something bothering him. He wondered what it was. It wasn't until the younger one held onto the shimmering necklace with Y/N's scale in it that Yoongi understand what the younger one was still fretting over. He sighed knowing that there wasn't much he could say that could truly comfort the younger one as he worried too if Y/N would be alright.

"We should go hyung," Jungkook murmured in a soft, but tired voice as he walked out of the room with his hyungs trailing behind him. The two met the other members at the front of the dorm.

"Managers said to meet at the meeting room," Hoseok announced as they left the dorm and walked to the meeting room. The meeting room wasn't too far from their dorm and they stood outside once they arrived. They were instructed to knock once they arrived, but they didn't. They all stood there in silence, nervous for the meeting and hoping that a deal could be struck. "Who wants to do the honours?"