Chapter 40: Oceana's Secret

"Alright boys, take a break," the choreographer voiced as he clapped his hands once. The boys all sighed in relief at that as they grabbed their water bottles and towels. They wiped away the sweat from their foreheads and took large gulps of water. The members were now working on choreography for their new songs, specially the choreography for their new music video.

"Aish, I'm so tired. We did so much running yesterday. My legs feel numb now," Yoongi complained with a groan as he sprawled himself across the floor of the dance studio.

"Haha, well, we still have several hours more before we can call it quits," Hoseok stated with an amused chuckle as he patted Yoongi on the leg. Yoongi groaned again in annoyance as he yawned.

"Yoongi-ah, you know that the last few weeks before album release date is always super busy," Seokjin commented with a knowing look as he took another gulp of water, "We have so much to do and I guess it is kind of our fault since we left a lot of things until the last minute, so now we have to work extra hard to make sure everything is perfect from the singing to the choreography before the release date."

"Hyungs, I told you that we would regret it leaving things to the last minute, but did you listen to me? No~," Jungkook chimed in a teasing tone. The other members all sighed at that as they knew he was right. They did regret leaving things to the last minute, but then again they did go through things in the past few weeks that prevented them from doing things.

"Yeah yeah, we know that Jungkook," Jimin voiced as he rolled his eyes at the youngest, who snickered in response, "Still, at least now we can focus on the choreography and making the music video. Dr. Kai is out of the picture now."

"True, I'm still wondering what it is that they did. I mean, they said that they didn't kill him, but if they didn't then what on earth did they do with him?" Yoongi asked with a look of wonder as he thought while staring up at the ceiling.

"Maybe they enchanted them," Namjoon suggested with a shrug, "That's probably what they did. They probably couldn't convince him otherwise with enchanting him. That Dr. Kai was persistent. It was probably hard to convince without enchanting him to do it."

"Yeah, can't believe he went to so much trouble as to kidnap her, but then again he's done that kind of thing before," Hoseok mentioned thinking back to the article that Namjoon had found about a younger Dr. Kai, "It's good that we didn't have to use it. It would have been hard to explain to the police who Y/N was without them being suspicious."

"Hm, we could have just gone with what we had told the managers that Y/N just likes to pretend to be a mermaid," Taehyung proposed with a boxy smile, "The managers believed it."

"Um.. honestly, I don't believe that the managers truly bought the story, but then again I also believe that they don't believe the truth either. It would probably be the same with the police. They wouldn't believe our lie, but they wouldn't believe the truth either," Jungkook voiced with a wary look before sighing in content, "Still, I'm glad too that we didn't have to resort to using that info Namjoon hyung found."

"If we didn't have the sirens' help then we may have had to use it though," Jimin pointed out with a knowing look as he stretched, "I suppose we should thank them at some point."

"What? No way, they only helped us because they were worried about being exposed. They weren't helping us because they actually cared about Y/N," Yoongi argued with a scoff as he sat up and patted his face with his towel to remove the sweat.

"That's not true. At lease not for all of them," Seokjin protested a bit as he nudged Yoongi, who rolled his eyes.

"Fine fine, not all of them. Oceana seemed like the more decent one besides Y/N, but the others don't give a rat's ass about Y/N," Yoongi said as he gulped down the last bit of his water. The members said nothing as they didn't have anything to argue since in a way it was true. Besides Oceana, it didn't seem like the other sirens truly cared about what happened to Y/N, only about what would happen with the information about Y/N that could be spread across the media.