Prologue

~ 13 Years Ago ~

A young boy, around the age of 10 years old, stood by the water. His feet were planted firmly into the tan colored sand as little waves washed over his cute, little toes. He stared out at the open sea. The water was a pale blue close to the surface while it was a much darker blue the further away it was from the surface. The waves from afar were high and full of life. He could hear the roaring of the waves as they crashed down into the disturbed water that was already swooshing around like a crazed tornado.

He sniffed the air. All around, it smelt of nothing but the salty sea air. It tickled the inside of his nose, making him scrunch it up. His cute scrunch of his nose resembled greatly of that of a bunny, along with his big, doe-eyes, and bunny-toothed smile.

He sighed as he looked up at the sky. The bright sun was beginning to set along the horizon causing the sky to become a mixture of colors ranging from vermilion orange to violet purple. It was a beautiful sight. He always enjoyed watching the sunsets, especially with his older brother. The pop of colors always amazed him and he wondered how the sky could produce such radiant and vibrant colors. Sometimes, he and his brother would go up on the roof of their house and watch the sunsets until the starry night washed over the sky.

"Jungkook! Five more minutes sweetheart and then we have to head back home," the boy's mother announced. The boy, whose name was Jungkook, was brought out of his thoughts when he heard his mother's voice and he glanced behind him to his mother.

"Ok, mommy," Jungkook replied with a nod as he turned his gaze away from his mother and back to the sea. He let out an exasperated sigh as he watched the steady waves roll onto the sandy beach.

It wasn't too long ago that his parents had come back from a cruise. They had been on vacation while he and his older brother were being cared for by their grandparents. They had been away for a good two weeks enjoying and relaxing the bright sunshine and swimming in the salty sea water. His parents had told him and the family all about their trip. How they were given food that tasted if it were from the heavens, delicious and scrumptious. The rooms were nicely furnished and large, so they had plenty of room and didn't feel cramped. The service was exquisite. It all sounded wonderful and he had wished that he could have gone along too, but he had school and he knew his parents weren't willing for him to miss a day of school unless he was sick.

Then again, it was probably best that he didn't come along with them. About halfway back to Busan, the cruise got caught in a vicious storm that made the waves look like mountains ready to crush the cruise. They had been stuck in the storm for extra two days, which had made him and his family worried for them. Thankfully, they had returned safely to the docks and he was able to greet his parents two days later.

He enjoyed the water very much and always loved coming to the beach with his family, but he didn't know if he could ever survive swimming in the middle of the sea when there was a storm, especially one that was as violent as the one his parents' cruise had been in.

"Jungkook, it's time to go!" His mother exclaimed from behind him. He sighed coming out of his thoughts again. He stared off into the distance of the sea, taking in the beautiful scenery one more time, but as he was about to turn around he noticed something in the distance. He saw the shape of what could be a head. He squinted his eyes to see if it made the shape clearer to him, but the shape was too far. He couldn't make out the exact shape. His eyes widened when he saw the shape move. It was definitely a head, but it then ducked under the water while what appeared to be a tail surfaced from the water. The tail was long and slender.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look!" He shouted as he pointed out into the distance at the tail that remained above the surface for only a second longer before going back under the water. By the time his mother had approached him, the tail had already left his eyesight.

"What did you see Jungkook?" His mother asked curiously as she looked out to where he had been pointing to, but only saw the rising of the waves and the beaming sunset that was near going down.

"I-It was just there. I saw a head and a tail," Jungkook insisted as he continued pointing out to the sea. His mother gave an uncertain look, but looked out to the sea once again, carefully examining all of it just in case she had missed something. Yet, she still saw nothing that resembled that of a head or a tail.

"I don't see anything sweetheart," she voiced with a shrug. Jungkook sighed as he continued to look out at the sea.

"But I really saw something...," he claimed with a small pout. His mother let out a lighthearted chuckle as she cradled his face in her hands and gave his forehead a quick peck.

"I believe you sweetheart, but we have to go now, so that I can start making some dinner," his mother mentioned with a small smile. He sighed as he nodded and took his mother's hand before turning around and beginning to walk towards the car. Once he reached the car, he opened the door to the backseat, but before he got in he looked up and stared at the sparkling sea one more time to see if what he had seen before had surfaced. All he saw though were waves and birds flying around. He scrunched up his nose and gave a small pout before shrugging. He got into the car and his mother drove off towards their house.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone!

So, here is the prologue of the new version of this story. It was quite different from the previous prologue that had been of the original version, but I didn't like the original version. I decided that I would do the whole story in Jungkook's view, but it would still remain in third person, if that even makes any sense, lolol!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the prologue. I am so sorry that this story has taken me so long to start working on again. I hope you can all forgive me for taking so long.

I know that the prologue isn't that interesting, I'm sorry for that. But I promise that the story will get more interesting as it goes on, so please bear with me.

Stay tuned for chapter one, chapter two, and chapter three coming up soon! :)