Chapter 22: The Solution

"I don't know, that's just how it is. We don't decide on the colours," Oceana said in an annoyed tone as she shrugged. Jungkook sighed and rolled his eyes at that. Ever since yesterday, Oceana had been explaining a lot of things to Jungkook about the life of sirens and life inside the siren pod, plus many other things. Now, he had been curious about the different colours of their eyes. Oceana's eyes gleamed a bright red when she was singing unlike how Y/N's eyes gleamed a bright purple when she was healing.

"Ok and is that the same with your tails then?" He asked with an over-exaggerated look of not really believing what Oceana said.

"Yeah, it's the same with our tails. We don't choose the colour. The moment we're turned into sirens is the moment when a colour is chosen for us," she responded with a nod, "Even siren-born sirens don't get to choose the colour of their eyes and tail." Jungkook knit his eyebrows at this.

"Siren-born?" He asked in confusion as he scratched his head.

"Yeah, sirens who were born sirens. The first sirens were siren-born. My ancestors were siren-born. The leader of the pod, a couple others and me are siren-born," Oceana announced with a carefree shrug before continuing, "Oh and if you're wondering how are sirens made, it's the exact same way that humans are made." Jungkook nodded in understanding to that. "Now, any more questions?"

"Nope, but I'm going to go see Y/N now," he replied as he stood up from his bed and started gathering his things up.

"Oh ok, I'll come too," Oceana declared as she stood up from Jungkook's bed as well.

"Do you have to?" He asked with a grimace on his face.

"No, but I want to. Besides, I haven't seen Y/N for 50 years. I want to catch up with her a little bit," she mentioned with a small smile.

"Can't you go do that when I'm not around? I don't want to hang out with you more times than necessary," Jungkook retorted, the grimace not leaving his face. Oceana scoffed that that.

"Ugh, why are you such a jerk? I'm not flirting with you anymore, so why are you still mean?" She asked as she crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him.

"Simple, just because you stopped flirting with me that doesn't mean that I don't still dislike you and another thing, once your siren friends stop messing with my hyungs and all of you leave the dorms then I'll think about not being a jerk," he remarked with a smug look as he slung his duffel bag over his shoulder then left his room. He walked down the hallway, but Oceana followed after him making him sigh in annoyance. Once he reached the living room, he saw his hyungs sitting in there with the rest of the siren pod. "See? I can never hang out with my hyungs because your siren friends are always around and have them twirled around their fingers. Once you figure out how to get my hyungs out of their trances and get your friends out of here then come tell me to stop being a jerk."

"Hmph, fine, but I'm still going with you because I want to make sure that Y/N is ok," Oceana insisted as she went ahead of Jungkook and left the dorm. Jungkook let out a groan at that, but reluctantly followed after her. They walked down to the beach and to the spot where they saw Y/N then waited.

"You're annoying you know that?" He asked with an irritated look on his face.

"Hm, well thank you for saying so," Oceana snapped back with a glare. Jungkook responded back with the same glare, but victorious smirk on his face. The two of them kept on arguing not even noticing that Y/N had appeared. She had greeted them both, but they hadn't heard her. She sighed a bit as she leaned against a rock and waited for them to stop arguing. "You're such the charmer."

"I know, I'm a natural," Jungkook responded in a teasing tone as he sent a slight smirk towards Oceana. Oceana sent a fake laugh back at him. Y/N watched this and felt her chest tighten. It was hard for her to see Jungkook chatting with another girl, especially one of the members of the siren pod, even if it was mainly arguing. She knew the feeling that was rising within her, but she didn't want to admit. This feeling made her upset and a pout appeared on her lips like yesterday. She had been deep in thought that she didn't notice that Jungkook and Oceana were trying to get her attention, the same as she had done a few moments ago. "Y/N? Hello?"