Chapter 43: Who Is Dr Kai?

"Alright boys, you're all done for today! Go rest up and take showers!" The choreographer instructed to the members as he ushered them to leave the dance studio. "Oh Jungkook, drink some water! I don't want you collapsing again in here!"

Jungkook nodded as he took a huge gulp of water and sent a thumbs up to the choreographer. "That was only a one time thing."

"Good, it better be." The choreographer teased as he nudged Jungkook, who smiled before following after his hyungs out of the dance studio. They walked down the hallway and towards the stairs.

"Alright, I'm hungry, what are we having?" Seokjin asked curiously as he glanced at the other members, who thought for a moment before shrugging. "Sigh, you guys are no help. Fine, I'll make something."

He went off ahead of the others into the dorm and went directly to the kitchen. The others followed closely after him.

A couple of days had passed since he had passed out from overexerting himself. That wasn't too say that he still didn't feel heartbroken by Y/N leaving, but he knew and he had promised his hyungs that he would take better care of himself. Namjoon had told him that if Y/N were still here then she would be devastated to see him in the condition that he was in, so he said that he wouldn't make himself go into that state again. It was hard though. All the time, he wanted to cry, but he couldn't. No, he could only force smiles and laughs until he was back alone in his bedroom and even then he knew that his hyungs were always standing behind the door and listening in.

Though, he knew he couldn't afford to show signs of depression since the new album release was just around the corner. He didn't want to worry his fans either. Still, every night before he went to sleep, he would look out his window at the blue sea hoping to see that once sparkly, purple glow that made his heart race.

"Jungkook, hey! Snap out of it!" Hoseok exclaimed, snapping his fingers in front of the younger one's face. The snapping sound brought Jungkook back from his thoughts and he looked at his hyung slightly dazed.

"Huh? What is hyung?" He asked his hyung with a questioning look.

"You were spacing out," his hyung answered with a knowing look. He stared at his hyung before sending an apologetic look. His hyungs were already aware of what he was thinking about and they sent him comforting smiles.

"You know Jungkook, I was just thinking... you have Oceana's phone number... why don't you ask her how Y/N is," Yoongi suggested with a shrug. Jungkook and the other members glanced at Yoongi with surprised expressions. "Or better yet, ask her to put Y/N on the phone so you can talk to her."

Jungkook thought for a moment. His hyung's suggestion was an interesting one and made sense to do, but something was stopping him. He didn't know what it was. He bit his lip unsure and feeling a sense of fear rise inside of him.

"What's wrong Jungkook?" Jimin asked worriedly at seeing the younger one's uncertain expression. Jungkook didn't say anything as he continued biting at his lip. Jimin glanced at the others, who shrugged not knowing what to do or say, and sighed a bit before looking back at the younger one. "You know... it might make you feel better to hear Y/N's voice or to even hear that she's doing ok."

"Is it bad for me to want to hear that she's doing just as badly as I am..?" Jungkook asked with a small chuckle, but his voice and his expression were grim. Even a little dark humour couldn't lift his mood and remove the worried feeling in the pit of his stomach. The other members gave small chuckles at his humour before smiling at him. He let out a sigh as he took his phone out of his pocket and stared at it before opening it. He scrolled through his contacts to Oceana's number; his finger hovering over the call button. His hand started shaking and he placed his phone screen down on the counter top. "I can't..."