Chapter 1: Hermit Crab

~ Present Day ~

It was 13 years later. Jungkook was now 23 years old. He no longer lived in Busan, but instead lived in Seoul. He was an idol, a korean pop star and was a member of the korean pop boyband BTS or better known as Bulletproof Boy Scouts or Bangtan Sonyeondan or Beyond The Scene. He was known throughout the world for having a voice of an angel, being good at everything, and being international playboy.

"Alright, we're done for today! Go shower off and rest up!" BangPDnim remarked as he clapped his hands. The members of BTS all sighed heavily in relief as they grabbed their towels and exited the dance studio, wiping the sweat off of their foreheads.

A successful day of dance practices and recording. The boys were beyond tired and were ready to rest up big time. They trudged their way up the stairs to their dorms. Their shoulders slumped and their feet barely being lifted up the stairs.

Jungkook was the last to make it up the stairs. His head was spinning and his vision was getting a little blurred. He held his head a little, hoping he can make it to his room before he might pass out. The boys looked over their shoulders to see a slightly staggering Jungkook. They turned around and approached Jungkook worriedly.

"Hey~, you ok man?" Hoseok asked with a worried expression on his face as he stood in front of Jungkook. Jungkook sighed as he nodded.

"Jungkook, you gotta stop overworking yourself. You're gonna make yourself sick that way," Seokjin voiced in worry as he patted Jungkook's shoulder.

"Yeah, I know," Jungkook responded in a tired tone as he drunk a huge gulp of water from his water bottle and wiped off the remaining sweat from his face. The boys eyed him nervously. This wasn't the first time that Jungkook had worked himself to the point of exhaustion. They sighed heavily. Namjoon turned his gaze to the window. His eyes looked towards the sea. It was a brilliant and bright day outside.

"Come on, let's go for a walk by the beach," Namjoon insisted as he glanced at everyone. The others all looked at him in surprise.

"Wait... what? Right now?" Jimin asked in slight surprise.

"Yeah, I mean, unless you all got something better to do," Namjoon replied with a shrug. Seokjin and Jimin gave a small nod in response.

"Well, there goes my nap," Yoongi commented with a sigh as he yawned.

"We should, I want to go swimming," Hoseok announced with a still excited expression even though he was dripping with sweat. Taehyung simply nodded in agreement. Jungkook glanced at his room and then back at Namjoon before sighing heavily.

"Look, you don't have to if you really don't want to. I just thought that you looked like you needed a break and have a little bit of fun," Namjoon explained briefly as he patted Jungkook on the shoulder. Jungkook stared at Namjoon for a moment. As much as he wanted to go lay down, he couldn't help but feel like he should accept since his hyung was worrying for him.

"Alright, let's go," Jungkook answered with a nod as he grabbed his phone and a bag. He placed his phone and his towel in the bag. The others nodded as he did the same in their own bags. The boys then exited the dorms and made their way down the sidewalk until they reached the beach. Their toes sank in the sand as they walked.

"Whoa~, it's nice out today," Taehyung voiced as he set his stuff down. The others nodded in agreement.

"Sigh, the sun is too bright... I can barely see a thing," Jungkook complained as he took out his big, floppy sunhat and placed it on his head.

"The sun!! Hello my good friend!" Hoseok greeted the bright sun with a happy smile.

"Hyung, if you don't put on sunblock that friend of yours will become your enemy," Jungkook commented as he looked out towards the open sea.