Chapter 30: Farewell Sirens

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" Jungkook called out to his parents as he entered his childhood home. He slipped his shoes off and glanced around the entrance. He hadn't been back to his childhood home in so long. It felt so unfamiliar, but it brought back memories when he would come home with his shoes covered in mud. It made him chuckle. "Mom? Dad?" He bit his lip when he didn't hear his parents' voices. He walked further into the house and started checking every single room. He couldn't find them in any place of the house. He hadn't checked their bedroom though and he knew that he should, but he had a strange feeling. He suddenly felt scared. "Mom! Dad! Are you in there?!"

"In here sweetheart," his mother's voice rang out from inside the bedroom. He sighed in relief at hearing his mother's voice and walked towards the bedroom. He knocked on the door gently before slowly opening the door.

"Mom? Dad? I'm home," he voiced as he walked into the bedroom. He looked to the side to see his mother, but his eyes widened when he recognized immediately that it wasn't his mother. No, it was the siren pod leader along with another siren sitting on his parents' bed and looking at him with dark grins. "You. Where are my parents?! What did you do with them?!" His voice was shaky as he grew fearful of what the sirens had done with his parents. The siren leader and the siren beside her both stood up from the bed and giggled in almost like a sneer.

"Oh sweetheart, didn't I tell you what would happen if you chose not to stay away from Y/N~?" The siren leader asked in a sort of sing-along type tone as she stood in front of him and glared into his eyes. Jungkook remembered what the siren leader meant and shook his head. She only laughed at this.

"No! You said that you wouldn't touch anybody!" Jungkook protested as he continued to shake his head vigorously. The siren leader laughed hysterically at that before letting out an amused sigh.

"Oh Jungkook, you didn't actually believe us did you?" She asked with a snicker as she walked around him until she was standing behind him, "Don't you know that you should never trust a siren, just how like sirens should never trust humans?" Jungkook clenched his hands into fists and clenched his jaw tightly as he turned around to face the siren leader.

"Where are my parents? I won't ask again," he said in a harsh tone as he glared at her angrily. She laughed at that as she stepped towards him.

"Hm... you're pretty hot when you're mad," the siren leader commented teasingly as she reached out and glided her fingers along his arm. He grimaced at that as he pulled his arm away and continued to glare at her.

"Where are they?!" He asked in a loud, booming tone as he stepped towards her and towered over her. She scoffed at that as she stepped back.

"Tch, you're no fun, but if you must know then come with me," she insisted as her index finger gestured for him to follow her. He did, but he did at a good distance. He followed her towards the bathroom. He could hear the sounds of laughter and cheering coming from behind the door. The siren leader stopped at the door to the bathroom making Jungkook stop as well. She glanced back at him and winked before opening the door. What he saw next horrified him. In the bathtub soaking in bloody water was his parents, dead and their hearts completely torn from their chests. He let out a loud and devastating gasp as he stared horrified and heartbroken.

"Noooo!!" He screamed as tears welled up in his eyes and he gripped his head tightly. At hearing him scream, the sirens all looked him and grinned evilly, their mouths dripping with blood from having eaten his parents' hearts. His voice was shaky and his whole body was trembling in rage and sadness. He backed away from the sight while focusing his eyes mainly on his parents' faces. He hadn't seen his parents in person for so many years and now finally that he had a chance, they were gone. He wanted to cry, he wanted punch something, he wanted to scream, but he couldn't all he could do was stand in there in utter shock and horror. Rage, however, did build up inside of him and when it finally reached a limit, his body began to tremble with anger instead of horror. He turned to look at the siren leader, who had a victorious smirk plastered across her face. "You monsters! You promised!"