Chapter 34: Dr. Kai [P1]

"Jungkook? Where are you going?" Namjoon asked curiously and suspiciously as he noticed Jungkook walking towards the dormitory door wearing swim trunks and carrying a bag.

"To visit Y/N," Jungkook said upfront, not bothering to lie since his hyung knew very well what he was going to go do. Namjoon sighed as he stood up and walked over to the younger one.

"Sorry Jungkook," Namjoon started by apologizing. Jungkook frowned at that. For the past week, whenever he tried to go and visit Y/N his hyung would always start off with saying that he was sorry. By now whenever he heard his hyung start off with an apology then he knew that he wasn't going to be let out of the dorm to visit Y/N. His hyungs and managers were still worried about the reporters. He understood their reasons for being worried as the situation that they previously been in would have turned out really messy if they hadn't brought it to a halt. Still, he couldn't help but worry that Y/N was still swimming around and worrying if she would be exposed. He had to find a way to visit her and let her know that they managed to handle it.

"Hyung, it's been a week. I think it's safe now," Jungkook stated with an annoyed look as he slipped on his shoes.

"You don't know that Jungkook. For a week, those reporters hid and took pictures of us. It may seem safe now, but as kpop stars we're never safe from the media. There will always be someone following us around and trying to get info on us," Namjoon claimed in an urging tone as he sighed again and placed his hand on the younger one's shoulder, "Look, I know you want to see Y/N and let her know what's going on, but I think it'll be safer for the both of you if you don't see each other for a little while. At least for a month or so."

"A month?!" Jungkook asked in disbelief as his eyes went wide and his mouth fell open. His hyung nodded in response making him shake his head. "Hyung, a month is way too long. At that point, Y/N is going to think that we've abandoned her. Hyung, I can't do to her. I can't abandon her when she needs me."

"Jungkook, in truth, she doesn't need you. She's survived on her own for 50 years before you came along," Namjoon pointed out with a knowing look. Jungkook's body stiffened at this and his expression hardened. Namjoon noticed and sighed once again as he stared directly into the younger one's eyes. "Right now, it's not about need, it's about want. You don't need to visit her, but you want to and I understand why, but we can't be reckless anymore."

Jungkook said nothing, only stared at his hyung for a brief moment before looking down at the ground with a gloomy expression.

"Fine," he responded in a low, sad tone as he turned away from the door and his hyung. He began walking down the hallway back to his room. He could hear his hyung sigh in exasperation to that before retreating into his room. He closed the door behind him and flopped down on his bed. He sighed as he stared at the ceiling. "Y/N... I'm sorry. Please wait for me. I promise I'll figure out a way to see you."

With those last words, he continued to lay there until finally his eyes began to close and he drifted off to dreamland.

His hyungs were located all around the dorm, some in their rooms and some out in the living room. Yoongi, of course, was a sleep taking his usual nap. Seokjin was in his room with Jimin doing a live. Taehyung was in the living room playing video games while Hoseok watched with amusement. Finally, Namjoon was busy rummaging around trying to find something that he put the water that he got a sample of from the moon pool in, so he could get a better look at it. He found nothing though. He sighed heavily at that. He was so curious about this water and wanted to know more about it, but he couldn't if he couldn't see if up close. Grabbing his wallet and slipping on his shoes, he decided he would go buy some equipment.

"Anyone want to come shopping with me?" He asked the two members who were in the living room.

"It's ok. I'm still playing video games," Taehyung replied as he focused on his video game and occasionally cheering when he got a point. Namjoon nodded at that before looking at Hoseok.