Chapter 9: Exchanging Gifts

It was the next morning. Jungkook had arrived back to the dorms safe and sound without any of his hyungs being suspicious, but that was mostly because they were all asleep by the time he arrived home. He had noticed though that his bedroom door was open, so realization hit him that one of his hyungs had come to check up on him, but since he didn't get any calls or have his hyungs show up at the beach then they must have believed that the bunch of pillows under the blankets was him sleeping.

It was 10:30 AM. Jungkook was in his studio, video editing while occasionally on the side doing research of mermaids. He kept the search tab hidden, so that if any of his hyungs came into his studio to check on him then all they would see is his editing system. He had told Jimin that he still had lots of editing to do, which was true since he hadn't even started editing. However, his research into mermaids got him thinking. Maybe he could do editing on Y/N or even the sea. It could explain his sudden need and want to visit the beach.

He had gathered pictures that he found on the internet and started adding them to his editing system and making it look as if he had done some editing before going back to doing research. He researched on sightings of mermaids. Many sightings though had been faked or ended up being whales or dolphins. None of what he read seemed to have documented real sightings of mermaids.

He thought back to yesterday when he visited Y/N and how she had mentioned a pod. She had stopped him from asking if there were more mermaids out there and then left swiftly after that. If there were other mermaids out there then why would she tell him that she was the only one in the world? Then again, if there weren't other mermaids out there then why would she seem so uncomfortable with his question? His mind was boggled. He couldn't decide whether to think that Y/N was the only mermaid or that there were more mermaids out there.

He sighed a bit as he clicked off the last article about a mermaid sighting. It was once again a fake sighting. He was amazed at how people in the world could fake such a sighting. Perhaps they did it as a way to receive attention, but if they couldn't prove their sighting then they would just be known as liars. It was strange to him why people would even take that chance just to have a single moment of fame. The only way he knew how to achieve fame was through hard work, dedication, incredible talent, and a loyal fan base.

"What are you working on Jungkook?" A voice asked from behind him. At the sound of the voice, he jolted up in alarm and pressed exit on the open tab. The screen went back to his editing system before he spun around in his rolling wheeled chair to face none other than Jimin. He had been so focused in his thoughts that he hadn't even heard his hyung come in.

"Just... working on my video editing," he responded with a small smile. His hyung approached him slowly and looked at the computer screen. He raised an eyebrow.

"What theme is this?" Jimin asked as he scanned through the short video clips presented on the screen. Jungkook spun his chair around back to facing the screen.

"I was thinking of doing an ocean type video edit," he voiced nervously as he started arranging the small video clips into a certain order. He watched out of the corner of his eye as his hyung gave a slightly surprised, but also interested expression as he nodded in understanding.

"Are they clips from the internet?" His hyung asked curiously as he sat down beside the younger one.

"Yeah, well... most of them are," Jungkook said with a small nod. He then side glanced at his hyung before clearing his throat. "I was thinking that maybe I could take some of my own at the beach." Jimin nodded in agreement to that.

"That sounds like a good idea. You could put original clips in there," Jimin stated with an approved look as he smiled at the younger one. Jungkook sent him back a relieved, happy smile at that. "We have time today, do you want to head down to the beach?" Jungkook seemed surprised by his hyung's question, but then smiled and nodded in response. "Alright, I'll go tell the others that we're going to head down to the beach."