Chapter-17

Sleeping in the same room with the evil witch of the west was not so difficult after all because she was not even in the same room. She was god knows where harassing someone for sure. At least I could sleep peacefully with the whole bed to myself.

It was really fine with me though, could get a good sleep alone like this. Sighing happily, I turned off the lights lying on the bed.

I was halfway into my Lala land when I felt someone creep behind me on the bed. I wasn't a very deep sleeper you know, I wake up even at the slightest movement, it's only when I am truly exhausted that I have a good sleep without waking up in the middle of the night. So coming to the topic at hand, I felt someone slip into the blankets. And it was definitely not her, because she didn't smell like chocolate. He did.

I woke up fully, realizing that Max was next to me, in the same bed, beside me, alone. ALONE. I could literally feel my eyes bulging out of my sockets. Okay, I was not alone but we were alone, alone, you understand the logic right.

"Whaaaaat.."

"Shh... I won't do anything I promise, let me stay here for a while." he cut me right off before I could even ask him anything.

"But.." before I could ask him anything else I heard him snoring lightly.

What the hell is happening right now? He was definitely drunk, otherwise, he wouldn't have been here. I take a deep breath trying to see if I smell something and I definitely did. 

Now, what to do? What to do? What to do? And just like that my genius brain came up with an amazing idea. It will definitely teach him a listen and as for that witch, let's just say I locked the door and slept after building a pillow wall between Max and me.

I lay awake for some time facing him. His hairs falling on his face, he looked adorable but he was snoring, which won't let me sleep. I shifted his head a little so that the snoring would stop and it sure did. 

Finally, I can sleep peacefully.

The next morning he had left before I woke up, so he was safe, for now. 

"Morning princess, come, have breakfast, then we will go out. " D greeted me with the news.

"Mmm Mmm... Morning," I yawned sitting on the dining table. Max had started to snore in the middle of the night again which made it harder for me to fall asleep. I wanted to strangle him in the middle of the night.

"Where is everyone else?" I asked D looking around.

"Max received some call so he went out to talk, Celestina is still sleeping I think and Seb is getting ready,"

"Ok."

" The meeting got scheduled for tomorrow so we have to leave today itself. " Max informs coming inside still looking at his phone. 

Oh!, ok we will do some site seeing for some time before we have to head back. Hows that plan babydoll?" D looks at me expectantly and I nod a yes, my mouth full.

As soon my name left D's mouth, Max's eyes fell on me. All I did was stare, waiting for him to talk about yesterday but he said nothing. I finished eating and went back to get ready for the day.

 "Ok, let's go. " I changed before I went out in my new avatar, curtsy of D. I could see my cleavage, and I was like damn girl, you look hot. Hahahaha. I could literally flirt with my own self. Who needs anyone else when you are enough on your own. Right?

While I was being busy praising myself in my head I hadn't seen Max, who was, by the way, watching me very intently from where he was standing, his hands folded in front of him, leaning against the wall. If looks could burn, the clothes I was wearing right now would have caught fire and burned into ashes.

He couldn't come to me though, because of the snake hanging around his neck. She was literally holding him there. Will she ever leave him alone?

After everyone had their breakfast and got ready we went out for some site seeing first. There wasn't much of a crowd so we wrapped that up soon. Then we went on a short hike on the mountain next to the beach to get an amazing view. I wish we could stay here for long but their duty calls.

Next to discovering, one of Hawaii's largest white-sand beaches we spent some more time there playing, soaking up the sun. We stayed there until the sun went down and then we were back to the house, packing. 

At least there was no drama like yesterday. It was more sober and peaceful today. The whole day went happily in a blur.

We were done packing things whatever we had brought along with us, which wasn't much, then we were ready to leave.

We had loaded our bags in the car and were about to leave. Max was the one driving us back to the airport and the witch had already called shotgun wanting to sit with him. As I opened the door to haul myself inside, I heard somebody shout. The same guy who bumped into me yesterday literally came running towards us. Confused I closed the door and went to him.

As he took deep breaths I stood there waiting for him to talk.

"Hey, hi," he said panting, his hands on his knees. The guy was actually fit but he ran all the way here from where ever he was, so yeah, I could understand. The house was on a mountain.

"Hi?" I said it as a question because I was confused as to why he was here.

"Um, I know this is sudden and all but I didn't get to apologize to you properly yesterday, and your boyfriend just pulled you off like that. So I just wanted to apologize and maybe I could get to know your name, " he said that all in one breath. I actually took my time processing what he said in a rush.

"Firstly I told you yesterday itself, it was nothing, so stop apologizing. Secondly, I don't have a boyfriend, and third, my name is Mahi, its nice to meet you" I said while moving my hand forward for a handshake.

"I am Ross, its nice to meet you to Mahi," he said with a smile on his face. Is it strange that he came all the way here just to apologize?

"Looks like your mom is a die-hard fan of Friend's." I couldn't control myself from commenting on that. It was so cute. I have not come across anyone like that.

"Yes, how do you.., don't tell me you are a fan too?" he asked me quite amused with the way I called out on his name.

"Yes, I.." HONK. Just as I was showing my enthusiasm for my favorite show, someone honked. And it was not just a short honk, I knew who was doing it.

That idiot.

"We are getting late so can you wrap this up soon sweet boy," Max said, hanging his head out the window with a fake smile on his face.

"Okeyyyyy looks like someone is jealous." Ross pointed out chuckling.

And then another honk, I will kill this guy. I hate loud noises like that. Gets me anxious.

"Ok, looks like we don't have much time, but here is my card, we should definitely catch up, that is if you don't mind," He said pulling out his card from his back pocket.

Do guys always carry such a thing or did he come prepared? Who knows. Me being in the hurry to avoid another honking took his card, said Ok, and waved him bye.

After sitting in the car, we took off as if we were being chased by the cops or the mafia. Max was the one driving. He was a safe driver, but you never know what might happen, so I told him to drive a little slower, which he utterly and completely ignored. Ouch. That hurt.

He was being a brat right now. He was just getting himself upgraded to a higher position in my hit list.

With him driving like that it didn't take us much time to reach our jet, which was already waiting for us. We hurried inside and this time I dozed off as soon as we boarded the plane, so I had no idea as to why everyone was soo quiet when I woke up. It was dead silent. 

Something must have happened while I was asleep. Even the witch was sitting alone, almost sulking. Now, now, something was definitely up and I need to find out soon because come on, It's better to be on a safer side.