Chapter-30

Max had gone silent, still looking at his phone and his reaction was making me nervous.

What was he thinking? I peeked a little to see his reaction, but he was lost. Taking it as a chance, I just snatched the phone out of his hand to see what that fuss was all about. Did we really look that good? or were they just making fun of us?.

Wow, we looked like a family out of a painting. The picture was captured at such an angle that it was just perfect. Too lost looking at the photo, I had completely forgotten about everyone until I felt Max's presence next to me.

 "Do you feel it?" He asked in his husky dark chocolate voice. 

I looked up, my eyes falling on his lips, moving upwards I was mesmerized by his eyes. They sucked me in like the vacuum sucks up dust. It's not a great analogy but you get it right?.

"I love you." He whispered softly yet passionately, still looking into my eyes. This time he knew it, he felt it and he wanted me to hear it. He gave me goosebumps.

My heart swelled up by his confession and without any second thought, I whispered

"I love you", mimicking his words, with tears in my eyes. These words were right from my heart. The tears were automatic.

But when I processed what I had just actually blurted out, I clamped my mouth shut, out of shock. For protective measures, so as not to blurt anything else, I kept my hands on my mouth. My brain just did something totally unexpected.

It wasn't just me who was shocked, everyone else was too, that if they heard it. But Max was definitely shocked by my confession because he hadn't moved an inch. His whole body was painfully still next to me. I had never confessed or expressed how I felt about him, not even a simple I like you.

"What did you just say?" Max asks me, a little breathless now. I just looked at him wide-eyed. I didn't want to open my mouth anymore.

"MAHI, answer me" He demanded again, removing my hands from my face and holding them in his. I could see the anticipation on his face.

I could lie and tell him it was a mistake, but it is a cruel thing to play with someone's feelings when in reality you really do love them.

"I love you," I told him confidently this time, meaning it completely. I didn't even have to think about it twice.

He smiled then, his face radiating the happiness he felt and I couldn't control myself and kissed him. This was the first time ever that I initiated a kiss. It felt surreal.

And then these people started screaming and squealing and it was just utter chaos. They were soo happy that they couldn't even stop themselves from launching on us. That broke the kiss.

The first time I ever said I love you someone and that too in front of an audience, is that what it feels like to be brave?. Something must have come over me, otherwise, I would have never said anything like this. Did someone spike my drink or what?. FYI I don't drink alcohol.

I have seen many bad cases under the influence of alcohol so I stayed away from it from the beginning.

Anyways coming to the present, Sabrina and Derek both were gushing at us like schoolgirls, seriously. I couldn't help but laugh at those two Idiots. They both kept on rambling about how they have been shipping us for soo long that it was a dream come true for them.

It wasn't like we were getting married. These guys were making such a big deal out of it.

"Guys, calm down. It's not that big of a deal. " I tried toning down their enthusiasm because we still had a sleeping child with us, which I think people had forgotten about.

"Oh, hush. Lets us be happy." D said scolding me. Idiot. He was happy because of me, yet he wanted me to keep quiet.

In their excitement, they didn't even notice that they had separated Max and Me. Some friends they are, wouldn't even let us be together.

Max must have had enough of their antics because even though he was smiling, I could clearly see he was getting annoyed. He simply walked towards me ignoring them now, took my hand, and pulled me along with him.

"Mahi and I need to talk... Alone. So you better not be disturbing us." Max warned looking at everyone, shutting my bedroom door. Now we were all alone.

"Come here." He ordered and pulled me in for a hug.

Sighing he let me go after some time, "I am soo happy Mahi, I wasn't even expecting you to say anything" He said with a grin on his face.

"Me too," I said looking at him "I wasn't even sure how I felt about you, Max."

"Hmmm, but now you do and I am not letting you go anywhere. " He husked out. A hidden promise in his words. It almost felt like he was daring me to go against his words.

"Well about that-" I whispered nervously, as he closed the distance between us. He was standing very close to me, making me lose my chain of thoughts. He always does this. I was soo nervous that my hands had turned cold.

"You were saying, something baby?" He whispers taunting me. He knew exactly the kind of effect he had on me.

I opened my mouth to scold him, but a breathy moan came out instead. He was sucking a spot right below my ear that I didn't even know was soo sensitive.

Thank god there was a wall behind me because It was getting harder to stand there by each passing second. I was getting weak in my knees. Sensing that, Max picked me up bridal style and laid me on my bed.

Well, this is something unexpected. Before I could say anything else, he leaned down brushing his lips softly against mine.

"Max" I moaned out his name breathing harder every time he sucked on my exposed neck. Every time I moaned, it seemed to egg him on more cause he sucked even harder if that was possible.

"Fuck. Stop moaning like that." Max complained groaning, his forehead resting on my shoulder. His face was soo dangerously close to my breasts that if I breathed any harder now, then I am afraid something else would happen.

"Stop the kissing and touching, then" I smacked his wandering hands, whining a little. He wasn't listening to me at all.

I don't know when this happened but he was lying on top of me, and I could feel every inch of him, even the thing I wasn't supposed to think about was touching me. I tried squirming a little so as to avoid it but the situation got worse.

"Shit!. Baby, stop moving. It's not helping." Max spoke gritting his teeth.

"Ok," I squicked and stopped moving altogether.

"Won't it be better if you get up and move away from me?" I asked wondering after a while.

"No, I have waited soo long to hold you like this. I am not letting you go anytime soon" He said in a strained voice. Well, this was tricky.

"What are we waiting for then?" I asked again, whispering.

"God!, I forgot that you can't keep quiet. At all," he muttered to himself a little annoyed and without saying anything else, he kissed me hard, on my mouth shutting me up completely.

And that's how we ended up in a make-out session. My first.