Chapter-28

The guys were busy the whole week and I had spent almost all my time sitting next to Max. We were closer to each other now, after that day. I couldn't stay away from him much, and he didn't like me spending time with someone else so he kept me close. It is a win-win for both of us.

I saw him work every day, each moment with so much passion and dedication, that I got jealous of his work. That was stupid, but still. He paid more attention to his work sometimes but whenever it would get too much I would leave him alone for some time. Feeling my absence after a while, he would come looking for me, complaining that I left without informing him.

I had even started to learn his work as well but I would get bored. I hate maths with a passion and it did involve a lot of it. We never had a good relation. It was all good till I was in class 3rd. After that, it got complicated.

It has been a week since that accident incident and the guys were busy till yesterday evening. Now that they were free as birds for the weekend, we decided to spend the whole day at Derek's apartment.

Anyways so coming back to the present day, we had planned a Harry Potter marathon. We were a bunch of grown-ups but it didn't mean we couldn't enjoy. Actually, it was my idea. HEHE

After this, we will have dinner outside and then we will watch a horror movie, whichever they decide. I had prepared everything for today, snacks, chocolates, drinks, pillows, blankets, etc, everything needed for a slumber party.

Waiting for everyone to come, I heard the doorbell, informing me of the arrival of my first guest.

"Welcome, welcome. Please come inside and made yourself comfortable." When I opened the door, I saw Nathan, Sabrina, and Ross. 

I was loving the acting of a host. "It's quite a lovely place you got here," Sabrina comments smirking playing along.

Oh! did I forget to tell you that I invited them also?. Well, I invited them yesterday for my small kiddie-like party because there was going to be a child with us.

I am supposed to babysit James as Vivian is busy working today and she didn't have time to ask anyone else for help. I loved spending time with James, as he was such a cutie. I love kids in general, especially babies, and James fell in that category.

It had been a long time since everyone had a relaxing evening, and also it wouldn't hurt to visit your inner childish side once in a while. Also, I hadn't spent time with James for a long time as well, so it was a good opportunity.

The guys made themselves comfortable on the couch whilst still waiting for Max and Seb. We had more than enough space for everyone and we had two couples, they would be practically glued to each other so we would still have some space left.

"Hello, Princess Mahi, I am here," James announces coming next, wearing his dinosaur PJs, introducing himself to others, he takes his seat on the carpet next to all the snacks on the floor. He was quite charming, at a small age of 7. Sabrina couldn't even stop herself from giving him a kiss.

The guys were amused and took a liking to him instantly. All this while Derek was in the shower taking his own sweet time, but when he stepped out of his room, that exact same time Max and Seb entered. Everyone greeted each other happily and everything was going well up until Max saw Ross.

I avoided looking at Max and after a brief awkward moment, everyone took their seats, Max, Seb, and D on one couch, Ross alone on one, and Nathan and Sabrina on the other.

I decided to sit with James on the floor because it was more fun with him and he liked cuddling with me.

During the first movie, I could feel Max burning holes through my skull. I knew he wanted me to sit with him, I could just sense it but can't he just watch the movie alone for once?.

Nat and Sabrina were cuddling, and I knew Seb and D would be the same, I didn't have to turn and see to be sure. Max and Ross were the only ones sitting alone.

After finishing two movies, we decided to take a break and have proper lunch which I had prepared from scratch. I just had to warm it up.

Telling the guys that I would call them as soon as the food is ready, I went into the kitchen with Sabrina. She insisted to help out as nobody else did. They were too lazy and James being a child couldn't help even if he wanted.

"So, what's going on between you and Max?" Sabrina asked me slyly, slightly smiling.

Whenever I heard his name, my heartbeats would increase and I would have a shy smile on my face which anybody with eyes could see. I didn't have any control over it.

I flushed "Nothing, why do you ask?"

"Oh!, nothing, I just had this girl in mind who would be good for Max but I just wanted to check if there was anything between you too, first." She says moving towards the refrigerator.

"You, what?" My voice came out all squeaky.

"Ah-ha! gotcha, I knew you liked him" she accused pointing a finger at me.

"Keep quiet" I stuffed her mouth with a piece of bread I had in my hand. She was being too loud.

"We will talk about this later, don't bring this up now" I warned her, not that it would stop her. If she wanted to do something she always did it. She chewed the bread in her mouth before deciding to speak when Max comes in.

I could smell it was him, and also Sabrina made a lame excuse and left me with him.

"You haven't talked to me at all today, are you avoiding me?" He accuses bitterly, standing right behind me.

Why is everyone accusing me today? Is this accuse Mahi day today?.

I sighed "No", when he hugged me from behind, holding me there. I loved being in his arms. It felt cozy and warm. It felt like home.

"Why don't you sit with me then? Hmm?" He asked, turning me around to face him. I felt soo shy that I couldn't even look him in the eye.

So with my eyes and hands on his chest, I just shrugged.

"Is that a yes? or a no?" He asked amused by my lack of words. Chuckling a little.

"I don't want James to feel alone," I say quietly. He was already standing soo close.

"Oh, so a 7-year-old is more important than me?" He asked in mock anger.

"Yes, of course. He is more handsome than all of you combined here, " I comment, smiling. Smirking afterward.

His hold on me tightens, "Oh! is that true?" he asks sarcastically playing along.

"Yes, now let me go. Everyone must be hungry." I tried getting away from his hold but it was proving of no use at all. His hold on me was like steel.

"I am also hungry, " He growls huskily and then places his lips on mine in a hot demanding kiss.

I could live like this my whole life. My body was buzzing with electricity. Every time he was near me, I had this feeling. And to tell you guys a secret, I always feel this kind of pull towards him that I never felt with anybody else.

I would get wet with just his look, but whenever he touches me, God, I can't even describe the feeling. I get aches in places that I wouldn't even consider talking about.

Having a little bit of sense left in me, I tried pushing him which was of no use, but when I tried again, he moved away with a disagreeing growl.

I turn away from him taking deep breaths, leaning against the counter. "Max, please go. Call everyone for lunch."

Turning me around to look at my red face, he stops and stares.

"I am not done with you yet," he warns and leaves with a huff. He can be such a baby sometimes.

When everyone came and took their seats, I served everyone and then sat next to Ross because that was the only place left. Looking at the smiling faces, I ate my lunch happily even when I could sense the anger from a certain giant.

Thinking that he would come around after a while I decided to ignore his current mood, which was not a good idea.