Chapter-46

"What? what do think you are doing?" Max asks me, the anger rather evident in his voice.

"What? I am just going in." I say, walking inside the apartment ignoring his temper.

"Just answer me this, before I lose it Mahi. Who was it? and where were you this late?" He asks me breathing hard, emphasizing the last word.

He had such an amazing voice, even if he was angry, it was such a turn-on. Don't tell him I said that.

"Why should I tell you?" I sass back without thinking and I am awarded for that. Note the sarcasm.

He moves swiftly and in a second he slams me to the front door. Then out of nowhere, he has my hands restrained above my head in a strong grip. I look at him surprised, my eyes wide.

"Don't test me." He rasps out near my ear. Is he warning me or turning me on?

"He is Vivian's brother. We took James out for a while" I say gulping, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Hmmm" He just hums still standing close to me. I don't think his attention was completely on what I was saying though, as his face was a lot closer near my neck, inhaling and exhaling, I could feel the heated breath on me.

This kind of closeness was all I craved for and I wanted to hug him, but I was afraid of his rejection so I stayed still, nibbling at my lower lip.

"I don't want you seeing him again," He orders, moving away from me slightly, looking into my eyes. I think it's his secret technique to make me forget everything else around, to follow his every word and command like a loyal puppy.

"Why?" I ask him quietly, testing the waters. 

Instead of answering, he holds my chin, releases my bottom lip from my teeth, and rubs it with his thumb. What is he doing? I lick my lips nervously bitting them again out of habit. 

"Max?" I call for his attention. His eyes were completely trained on my lips.

"Hmm?" He hums questioning me, as if in some sort of trance. Should I wait for him to come back to reality? or should I do something? decisions, decisions. Maybe I'll wait.

A few seconds later he huffs out, shaking his head, and moves further away, but didn't leave my hands, which were now starting to hurt.

"Derek told me, you didn't sleep the whole night yesterday. Why did you do that, you stupid girl?" He scolds me lightly, moving my hair from my face.

"As if you care," I scoff looking sideways.

"You know I do." He whispers strongly. "Derek called me and pretty much threatened to castrate me if I made you cry again."

"Did he now?" I ask smirking in amusement looking at his handsome face. He chuckles to himself.

"Now on a serious note, why were you crying yesterday?" He asks me, without a trace of the previous smile on his face, making me gulp again.

"I-I was upset. You left saying that I was late." I answer back somewhat nervous and upset. My stomach turned uneasily.

"You are," He says as if he was proving his point and calling my behavior absurd. "Why did you wait for soo many days to tell me.?" He continues.

"You weren't answering my calls at first and then I thought I would surprise you," I said pouting. He stares at me long and hard as if asking me silently ' could you blame me?'

"Ok. Well, when you returned, why didn't you come straight to me?" He asks me calmly, raising his eyebrow at me.

"I DID, but you were busy with your half-naked lady." I scowl childishly, the green monster peeking behind the curtains. It did not sit well with me.