Chapter-10

Oh my god, I was bored, literally bored out of my mind. These guys were babbling on and on and on and on, and I couldn't even understand a word they were saying. If this was a comic book then you could have seen the cloudy bubbles over my head with question marks.  

You guys must be confused, let me tell you what exactly happened this time. So right now I am in the middle of a meeting, which Max had dragged me to. Just because he didn't trust me to be safe out there. As if somebody would kidnap me here, I was in his office for heaven's sake and I couldn't even complain about it because even D and Seb agreed with him. They just wanted to keep an eye on me, so I didn't cause any trouble. I think.

So, here I am now, sitting opposite Max. I was trying soo hard to stop myself from yawning continuously and he was laughing at my misery. I could see it in his eyes. He was just enjoying it, but he was like being this strict boss right now, who held a certain kind of power over all these people present in the room. His lips were twitching though, I could see it as I shot daggers at him with my eyes.

Even D was so serious, not his sweet and goofy self at all.

In the middle of the meeting or was it the end, or the beginning who knows, who cares? I was sleeping anyways when my phone started ringing. It must be Daniela calling me for lunch, she always calls me on Mondays because she would have gone shopping on the weekend and most probably would have bought me another dress.

And I was right. I pat myself internally.

"Hello my dear, I hope you are not busy. I want you to come home with Derek and have lunch with us." I heard D's mom from the other side as I picked up her call. I came out, excusing myself from the meeting. I was soo happy that she called. I was not needed in there anyhow. She is my angel.

"Hi, aunty. I am in D's office, we were just.. "

"Who's it?" someone whispered next to my ear, freaking the hell out of me completely.

"F**k " I screamed out loud, my bones almost jumping out of my skin. Who the fudge, does that anymore.

And in my startled/ shocked state, I swung my bag hard in the direction of that voice. The person who got hit, let out a boyish/girlish squeak followed by a scream. That person was definitely a guy, guessing by the heavy voice, who screamed like a banshee when my bag hit him. So, if your guess was D, then you are right. He screams like a girl sometimes.

He must have followed right after me. Sneaky little thing.

That idiot was always sneaking up on me but the most fun part I tell is that my bag had a stone in it. I always carry it around with me, which was a story for another time. It is more like a pebble though so It shouldn't be that big of a deal.

But right now, should I feel guilty or should I laugh? It was a hard decision to make. Seeing D in pain, whining like a small baby, he was clutching his right arm. Most probably would have hit him there with my bag. I snickered quietly and bit my lip.

This caused a ruckus, causing everyone to stop whatever they were doing and come running toward us. Almost half of the office on the floor was surrounding us, trying to understand the whole situation, and in all this, I had totally forgotten about D's mom who was still on the phone.

Placing the phone near my ear I could hear her bombarding me with questions.

"Hallo, hallo Mahi dear, are you ok? what happened? what was all that noise? why did you scream? Are you hurt? where is Derek?" Wow, she was definitely worried.

"It's nothing Mom D, D just sneaked up on me. Again." I informed her. This had happened a lot of times, a lot. She was most of the time witness to what kind of disaster we could be if left alone together. And I called her Mom D, just to stop her from getting worried. It always worked on her. She was just like my mom.

"WHAT'S GOING ON HERE? " a strong voice boomed across the room, guess the King was finally finished with his meeting. And just like that, everyone scattered around as mouses being chased around by a cat.

"She hit me. Again!" D complained like a child, stomping on his legs.

"He scared me!" I defended myself. And just like that, we were blaming each other, shouting, calling names.

"Stop it, I said stop it, STOP!" Max finally lost his cool. While Seb was used to all of this, Max was not.

"You, are going straight to my office now," Max ordered me like the King he was pointing his finger at me. How ironic, his name was in fact, Max King.

"And you, back to your work." he then ordered D. And just like that he caught my wrist in his hand and dragged me with him to his office. It has been only 3 days and he has started ordering me.

Now it was just the two of us. As he closed his office doors, I could finally see his demeanor change. He had relaxed a bit now, that we were away from prying eyes.

"I am sorry love, but you shouldn't drag all that attention to yourself," he whispered against my ear, nuzzling it. "I don't like other men or women looking at you like that ."

"Like what?" I asked breathlessly, trying to control the whooshing air in my chest. He was behaving like the old Max again. Like my Max, not like the owner Max King. Ok, he was not mine, but you guys do understand what I am trying to say right?

"Like you are the prettiest girl in the room. Like they could have you," he whispered, his eyes hooded.

I then, came back to my senses, "you don't think I am pretty?" I pulled back, trying to put some distance between us, which was hard. He had backed me up in the corner.

I was sad and hurt, thinking that he thought that, about me. And here I was thinking he liked me or something along that way. I shouldn't but I did.

"No babydoll, you .. "

"Then why are you still here, get away from me. If you don't think that I am pretty, then why are you standing here, go be with your girlfriend or something." I said cutting him off angrily even before he could complete his sentence, trying to get out of his arms, which he had wrapped around me during some point in the conversation.

"Goddess, what did I do to deserve this," he says with his hands up in the air. I almost escape his clutch but he sees me.

"You woman, you will be the death of me." he groans to himself, before catching my right wrist in his hand and tugging hard. This made me fall back right into his arms.

Gathering me in his arms, he pulled me closer, as if trying to eliminate every possible distance between us.

"Let go, Max" I struggle trying not to cry in front of him.

"You stupid, stupid, stupid girl, at least hear me out completely before you come to any conclusion," he says, tightening his arms around me, as I struggled to move out of his arms.

First, he called me ugly and now he called me stupid. What is with this guy?

"Stop struggling love," he orders authoritatively. His right hand had my ponytail wrapped around it, making it harder for me to move.

"You, only I will look at you as the prettiest girl in the whole room, not those fuckers. Only I can look at you the way I like. Only me." He finishes off fiercely looking right into my eyes.

It was soo hot, the way he was holding me, to the way he was looking right into my eyes with those smouldering blue eyes.

And just like that, he kissed me. Hard. Smack dab on my lips. And I closed my eyes.