Chapter-21

Max's POF

Sitting in my office, we were having our brunch and Mahi was trying very hard not to make any sort of eye contact with me, which was bothering me a little. No, it was bothering me a lot. I have come to like this girl soo much that I can't even explain it in words.

When we first, no not met, the first time she bumped into me in that hall, she didn't even notice me standing there. She was soo busy scolding Derek that she didn't even look to notice that I was holding her. It was quite entertaining to watch though. Dere being scolded like that by a tiny girl, smaller than him.

But then she looked up at me with those big brown eyes, making my heart beat a little faster than it already was. She wasn't wearing much makeup and wore a simple pink gown, which was more than enough on her. She looked like an angel to me. Just gorgeous. Compared to everyone else here, she was not there to impress anyone.

I am not the mushy kind of guy I tell you, but after meeting Mahi I feel as if I need to be by her side as much as possible if not always. Her presence makes me happy. Her bubbly mischievous personality is what I crave when she is not there with me. D is one lucky bastard to have her with him almost all the time but I am happy that he met her. Otherwise, we wouldn't have met her. I wouldn't have met her. 

But every time she runs into a guy, I feel this anger inside me, this rage, that makes me question my very own actions and feelings. She brings out the dark side of me which I never knew existed.

Even if she talks innocently to any guy, I just can't handle it. I am a mature man and I still get soo jealous, which makes me feel like a teenager again. Seriously. 

I know she is reluctant to return my feelings, Seb had already told me about her and her situation. I tried to stay away after that. I did not want to cause any trouble. Huh! who was I kidding. I couldn't seem to stay away from her for long.

Right now I just wanted her to reciprocate my feelings, I know she likes me as well. I just know it, and she feels just right beside me, but every time we are close, she stops breathing or runs away in a different direction. She also worries me sometimes with her clumsiness.

Back in Molokai, when she was wearing that damn piece of cloth to cover her upper half, all I wanted was to cover her up to save her from perverted eyes. I knew she didn't like wearing revealing clothes, yet she did.

But there wasn't much of an audience there so I didn't say anything to make her uncomfortable and enjoyed watching the beauty in front of me, which was hard.

She was a small person but her figure was to die for. Curves at just the right place, small waist, wider hips, and an amazing butt. I know she would fit perfectly in my hand. Seeing her like that, I wished to hold her and kiss the hell out of her and possessively claim her as mine or maybe beat my chest like a caveman and claim her as mine, or maybe if I was a werewolf, I would have marked her.

I came out of my 'Mahi love zone' when someone kept snapping fingers in front of my face. I must have zoned out there for a second. Focusing on the fingers in front of me, I came back to the present.

"Hey man, you ok there? We have been calling for a minute now." It was Derek.

I groaned trying to give a break to my train of thoughts, I was obsessed with her, she didn't leave my head even for a second. She tried to follow my rule of not showing much skin in my office but she wore something which was just driving me even more crazy. Even though it didn't show much skin, she looked sexy. My hands were itching to hold her.

"I am fine, lets just finish up here and wait for the Campbell's to come," I said getting up from my chair, I needed fresh air.

She was eyeing my every move now, she thinks that I'll pounce on her. I soo wanted to. I snickered internally.

Coming out of my office, I decided to go to the roof just to clear my mind. I knew nobody would follow me here but she and her thoughts never leave me and my mind. I was constantly surrounded by them. All I wanted was her.

After an hour or so I decided to head back downstairs. Looking at the watch I came back just in time for Mr. Campbell to arrive. As the elevator doors opened, I saw something which made my blood boil.

I saw Mahi, talking to a guy cheerfully as if she had known him for a while. I couldn't see the guy's face as of yet because I was standing behind him. But I wanted to punch whoever it was. He was standing very close to her for my liking. Hands in a fist I stood behind them.

"Ehm" I fake coughed to get their attention. Mahi's head snapped in my direction and she instantly sobered up when she saw the look on my face. She knew I was angry. And then the guy turned around. I was infuriated.

It was the guy from yesterday. The nerve of this guy, what was he doing here?.

The idea of him or any other man even speaking or breathing in her direction was enough to land a punch in the face right about now. I was being unreasonable, I know.

"Hey, Max look who I met. Its Ross" she laughed nervously.

"Hi, you must be Max King, I am Ross Cambell." The guy said sticking his hand out for a handshake before I could punch him. Ugh.

He was the one we were waiting for?. Wasn't he supposed to be fifty or something?.

"Ross here is filling in for his father today, he is not well, " Mahi said while still standing beside him. How long has he been here? Why is she answering for him? And why the hell was she still standing next to him?

"Mahi, I think we are perfectly capable of talking to each other. Why don't you go to my office?. " I spoke to her, trying to control my annoyance but the authority was clear in my tone.

"I was just-- "

"Mahi..." I warned interrupting her. I wanted her to be away from every man as far as possible and especially from this guy.

"Yes, ok, um, I'll see you later Ross. " she mumbled out and left.

As she left, I saw Ross looking at her retrieving figure and it was taking all my power not to behave irrationally. Just as I was about to warn him, Derek came out of my office to the rescue. Mahi must have sent him. Those two were joined by mind, like two peas in a pot.

Did she think I would do something to him? I scoff to myself quietly. This is ridiculous.

I'll deal with her later but as of right now I have to get this meeting over with and send this guy out of here as soon as possible. This guy wasn't even here for an hour and he was already getting on my nerves.

"Hey Max, seems like you met Ross here. Everyone else is waiting in the meeting room for you guys. Let's go" He said gesturing us to follow him. This is gonna be a long day.