Chapter-6

𝔊𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔥𝔩𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰, 𝔥𝔬𝔭𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔤𝔲𝔶𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢 𝔪𝔶 𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔶 𝔰𝔬 𝔣𝔞𝔯. 𝔓𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔲𝔢 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔰 𝔦𝔣 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢. 𝔗𝔥𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔶𝔬𝔲.

𝔟𝔲𝔱, 𝔟𝔲𝔱, 𝔟𝔲𝔱, 𝔡𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔤𝔢𝔱 𝔱𝔬 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱. ℑ 𝔴𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 Love 𝔱𝔬 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔰.

--------------------------------------------------

"Did I make you too uncomfortable yesterday? Is that why you won't talk to me?" Max asked me quietly. He was sitting next to me in D's car. We are on our way to an undisclosed destination.

You must be thinking as to what was happening right now. I myself was surprised by the turn of events. Let me explain the situation here.

Max had come to get Seb for lunch, but it turned out that Seb and D were planning to take me out. Though they didn't tell me where. As Max was already there, they decided to invite him as well. More the merrier.

Fast forward, now the happy couple was sitting in the front, leaving me with Max in the back seat. And we were going to the place that God only knew. I was left in suspense. I loved surprises but I hated waiting.

"No, nothing like that," I said trying not to sound rude.

"Okey.., then do I smell?" he asked again. Acting to smell himself discreetly. Now he was just trying to be funny.

"Yes," I said with a straight face trying not to laugh when his smile turned upside down.

"Like chocolate," I added on later, with a smile, which made him smile again, showing all his teeth.

He looked so cute with the smile on his face, and by the look on his face, I must have said it out aloud. Oops.

"Thanks, baby, but I prefer to be called handsome or sexy, or even both. I don't mind any but just not cute. Okay? It doesn't go with the personality," he says smugly with a grin on his face.

How male of him. Typical guy thing to say. If he looked cute he looked cute, why should I say anything else. There was no use arguing there.

I tried concentrating on other things as sitting beside him was turning to be strange now. Like I was sitting in a magnetic field, where you could feel the current flow. I don't know if such a place even exists and I don't think I am even making any sense right now. But I feel that if I touched him, I would be electrocuted. Not enough to kill me, obviously. I felt soo attracted to him, the kind I never felt before.

Because just sitting here with him, makes my body buzz with electricity. Especially the part where his legs are touching mine. The car was spacious and we have a lot of space in the car, but no, he wanted to sit beside me, not leaving the much-needed gap between us. I couldn't even move much, even if I wanted, he was sitting that close to me. There was no personal space, whatsoever. If I  moved, I would be sitting on him next.

As time passed by, It was making me more and more nervous. It was impossible to stay still in this closed space.

"When will we reach? how much more? I cannot sit in here anymore ." I started to complain and continued whining like a baby to D from my seat.

I hated traveling in cars with closed windows and D knew that. I loved the fresh air, but people here preferred closed windows with AC on, you possibly wouldn't want all that pollution on your face in traffic so windows had to be shut, just until we reach a less busy area.

"Just 5 minutes more, and we will be there," Seb answered on behalf of his boyfriend. Seb knew we would start bickering like kids if D had answered me. We always end up fighting in a car. Almost always, and Seb is always the one to calm us down.

....

"We are here," D announced while parking the car. I jumped out of the car like it was on fire and took in my surrounding. 

We were at a fair. A FAIR. I loved the fair, the games, the rides and of course the food. It brings out my inner child and the thirst for rides. I loved the adrenaline rush.

"Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!" I exclaimed happily while jumping up and down like a kid, high on sugar.

"You are welcome, babydoll. Now let's go and enjoy the rest of the day." D said after giving me a squeeze and then letting me go.

"Come on, we need to go on every ride," I said dragging Max with me. Actually, it was me trying to drag him with me. 

D was with Seb and I don't want to be the third wheel between those two, so for today, Max would do. Anyways, D was no fun to be with, at such a place. He is scared of rides.

Maybe, I would have been embarrassed, by the way, I was behaving with Max right now, but right now I didn't care coz I think this won't be our last encounter. So it's better if I get used to him.

....

"That was so much fun! " I exclaim the adrenaline rushing through me after coming from my 7th ride.

We had lost Seb and D a long time back. D being a scaredy-cat, must be sitting and stuffing his face with food. Food!

"I need something to eat now," I informed Max, more like ordered him. He was a good company to be around and he was enjoying it, just as much. Just the perfect partner I needed.

Finding the nearest place, we stood in front of a stall, which was making delicious burgers. I could tell you that, just from the smell and also from the crowd that was gathered.

Just as we bought ours and I started having my burger, somebody knocked into me from the side. But thank the lord, I saved my delicious burger from going to waste. I was more concerned about the item in my hand.

"Hey, watch it, kid," Max growled in annoyance. He was now standing behind me, with his arms around my shoulder. Ok, now he wasn't a kid. He was a young man to be exact.

"I am so sorry miss. I didn't see you there." The guy apologized, looking sorry.

"It's fine, it happens," I said trying to get past the situation. This happens with me a lot, me being the clumsy one, so I sympathized with the guy.

"No, no, I am sorry, really. My friends there just pushed me in your direction, so I would talk to you." He says pointing to his friends.

I look at the rowdy bunch of teenagers all snickering at their friend's embarrassment. 

"I think you are cute," he continues, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. He sure was embarrassed and now he was being shy. Poor guy. He was definitely younger than me but he was cute. Like a brother.

The giant behind me scoffed and mumbled something, he was being a grumpy ass now. Maybe he is bipolar. He kept having mood swings the whole day. He was calm and fun to be around when we were on a ride and as soon as we, find ourselves amongst the crowd, his mood would flip.

"Thank you," I said, smiling at him. Max grunted, sounding annoyed.

"How old are you?" I continued, ignoring the grumpy behind me.

"I am 20, not much older than you, I think. I am hoping, that at least you are 18 or above ?" he questioned me. I exhaled sadly.

This happens to me all the time. Just because of my small figure and height people here, think that I am still in high school.

"No, she is not. Now go and get a girl of your own age. Kid ." Max growls, moving his face closer to the guy's face, whilst pulling me back to him with a solid grip on my waist.

"Oh, I thought he was your brother or something. Isn't he quite old for you?" the guy said lowly so that only I could hear him, but Max heard it as well if the tightening of his grip around my waist was any indication. This was not going to end well. 

It was hard to stop myself from snickering so I tried smothering my laughter, with a fake cough but my body shook with repressed laughter.