Chapter-27

I stood in front of the apartment door gathering my wits to face Derek but it swung open before I could knock or ring the bell. Derek was standing there looking like a mess. Now I feel worse for putting my phone on vibration and avoiding his calls.

When he saw me, I readied myself to apologize but instead, he pulled me inside and gave me a tight hug, almost suffocating me.

"If you do that again. I'll kill you. Am I clear?" He demanded an answer from me, releasing me from his brutal hug.

"Yes, sir" I replied with a salute, to avoid any more scoldings from him, I was trying to be all cheeky and cute.

By then Max had moved across the room, heading straight to the couch. He sure was exhausted. Seb who was MIA till now, came out of the kitchen holding two water bottles, passing them to Max and then me. He was very thoughtful and caring like that.

I was actually very thirsty and now a little bit hungry as well. My main goal was to go out to eat something in the first place but I did something else totally.

"Dude, your clothes are ruined, come on I'll give you something else to wear. " Seb noticed the blood and dirt on Max's clothes taking in his appearance. He had some of his clothes here, which would probably not fit Max properly but it would be far better than what he is wearing now.

"Mahi, you too go and freshen up. We will order dinner. " Seb instructed me to change. Well, it wasn't a bad idea. I really need to wash my face after all that crying I did.

When I shut my bedroom door, I threw myself at the bed, rolling over, staring at the ceiling. Finally taking some time to think about my actions today, I realized that my feelings for Max were stronger than I imagined them to be. They ran deeper than I thought. I dreaded even thinking about him being hurt, but when I finally saw him, I could have just kissed him without a second thought.

And the kiss we had earlier, was magic. Hot but magical. I had always wanted to be kissed like that. The only problem was, I shouldn't be feeling all happy about this situation. I wasn't and not supposed to like someone here, I had to go back. I had no other choice.

I was too deep into my mind that I didn't even hear the knocking on my door. D came in anyway when he didn't get any reply from me. He saw me lying on the bed and sat next to me.

"Baby doll, you should stop thinking too much and give yourself a chance at love," He said stroking my hair.

"How did you even...? " I looked at him confused, without completing the sentence because I didn't have to. He was already giving me that look which meant he knew everything already.

I sighed wistfully.

"But D, I am afraid. What if it doesn't work out? and also there is the fact that I have to go back and get married." I whispered, my voice slightly wavering. This was a mess.

"Shhh, doll. You are thinking too much. Parents just want their children to be happy. Who is to say that your parents won't like the guy you choose for urself?" D bestowed his wisdom upon me, which was quite rare.

"Yeah, that's true but I am not sure what is going to happen, maybe it's just a crush?" I tried denying my feeling once again. Who am I kidding?

D shook his head. He knew what I was doing. It wasn't working on any one of us anyway.

"No Mahi. And everyone present here knows that. For now, let's forget about this and try to enjoy the rest of our evening, ok?" He encouraged me, pulling me up from my bed.

"Ok. I'll take a quick shower and be out in some time. You go." I smiled at him shaking myself out of my misery.

I took a real quick shower and scrambled up into an old pair of pajamas and since I never used a hairdryer, my hairs were all wet. I loved my hair liked this, they get all curly and bouncy.

When I reached the living room, the only space left was next to Max. Do they do it intentionally or what?. Having no other option, I sat down next to him, taking a slice of pizza, and started watching the movie they had on. At least I got something good to eat today.

"I would die a lucky man if I get to see you like this every day," Max whispers gruffly, against my hair. I squirmed in my seat. Every time he opens his mouth, I just want to jump him.

"Max, please-"

"You are like a wet dream baby, " He continues again, cutting me off. This guy could literally turn me on, just with his words. I tried keeping my head straight, my eyes on the movie, but my mind was somewhere else.

We were sitting with an audience here and this guy wouldn't even stop. He had shifted from his previous position, sitting closer to me now. As close as he could get, and I was literally at the end of the couch and had nowhere else left to go.

"And you smell like a goddess" He sighed, now his face literally an inch away from my hair.

"Oh, God" Is he trying to kill me?

I was praying internally. Feeling hot all over now and I had just taken a shower. This guy is soo ugh!. I don't even have a word for him. Can't think of anything as of now anyway. My mind was all jumbled up and my heart had started to race now. Like always.

One of these days I would definitely have a heart attack, and the sole reason would be him. Maybe I should write down my will or something before that actually happens. See I totally got off the track now.

The movie had ended by now and Max had started talking to the guys, which was weird because he was right next to me. Did I dream the whole thing?. No, I don't think so, because he had one hand behind me on the couch. How long was I out for?. I need to stop doing that, seriously.

"Oh, I just remembered. Mahi, Ross came by in the evening looking for you. You should probably call him, now." D informed me when got up from his seat to get Ice cream. Did he do that intentionally? That moron.

Just as the name Ross, left his mouth, the man sitting beside me, turned rigid. His demeanor changed completely. The aura around him charged. Shit!

I got up from my lazy position and sat up straight too, discretely trying to escape the man who was now all charged up for a different reason. I could feel the current flowing in him.

"Just, sit," Max ordered and pulled me down on the couch quite roughly might I add, when I tried getting up from my previous position.

"Max!" I exclaimed turning towards him, "What? I was just getting up to get something." I said excusing myself, but the guy wasn't being rational here at all.

"If you want something, tell Derek to get it. You just stay put," he ordered again. Unbelievable.

He is soo overbearing. Nevertheless, I liked him instead of that. I must have hit my head somewhere, because to anyone else it would look as if I was letting him control me but only I knew who he really was. He never discouraged or talked down to me whenever I shared something with him. He only didn't like it when I was giving my attention to anyone else. I know it because he told me that himself.

So instead of arguing with him, I sat back down, took out my phone, and texted Ross. All this while I knew he was staring or probably glaring at my phone, maybe wishing for it to catch fire or something. But didn't stop me from texting him at least.

After a while, Max and Seb decided to head back home. Max had to go to the hospital on the way to check up on the boy who was in the accident.

Oh!, I didn't talk about that right?. Ok, so tell you in short, Max is friends with that boy, his name is Chris. He works at the coffee shop near Max's apartment. So when he saw him being in an accident this afternoon, he went to the hospital for him, with him in the ambulance.

I told you, he has a good heart.