Chapter-43

Leaving Max's office in anger, I walked straight To D's cabin. All I was seeing was red. How come she is everywhere now? Where did she even come from? Last night I couldn't speak to him because she was there and now again. Ugh!

I wanted to throw a big fat tantrum right now, it was soo frustrating. Last night Derek calmly explained to me that Max was still in love with me and was not sleeping around as it usually happens or like they say in those love novels and movies. So keeping that in mind I had gained enough courage to talk to him today but I was interrupted again, that too by the same woman.

I had especially worn this dress today so I could entice him a little. I knew what he liked and how he liked it, so I took that as an advantage. It's not bad to use something that is at your disposal right? In this case, It was me. He loved me so I just dolled up a little bit and showed some skin to him. That's all. But what was it all for?

It would have worked if it was not for her.

It was all D's idea anyway, I could have never worn this dress to the office knowing that Max will not approve of it. He would like it but wouldn't want others to see me in that. Still, what D had said was totally right. The dress did grab his attention, even though it was for a completely different reason.

Pulling the chair back roughly, I sat down heavily, imaginary fumes coming out of my ears.

"Woah!, what happened?" Was the first thing D asked me as soon as he saw my face. I was going to cry out of frustration. I usually started crying when I didn't have a proper outlet for my anger.

"That... that girl. She is here" I sniffled, willing myself to calm down. D passed a glass of water to me, without saying anything. Finishing the water in one go, I slammed the empty glass on the table with more force than necessary.

"Calm down there tiger. Where is all this anger coming from?" He asks rubbing my back.

"She, just.. Ugh!" I shout frustrated, banging my head on the table. "Owww" I whine rubbing my head. See this is what anger does to you.

"And here I thought that Max had it bad, but clearly you are more possessive than him," D comments amused by my behavior. And also a bump had started to form on my head.

"Oh! just piss off" I say mopping now. Did he seriously move on? And if not then why does she call him babe? and most importantly why was she in his apartment?

"You know, I can hear you." D chuckles on my rant. I was thinking out loud as always.

"I was never jealous before where ever he was involved and I never thought it would be so difficult for me to see him with someone else,"

"Because he never gave anybody any attention, other than you," D says.

"How did I never feel that, when I was with him before?" I whisper sulking even more. I wanted to lie down on the floor and just roll around.

"It's amazing, the clarity that comes with psychotic jealously," He says chuckling, and I join him after a while. We ended up laughing out loud.

 This dialogue is from the film 'My best friend's wedding' where Julia Roberts was jealous and her "gay" friend says this exact dialogue.

We had seen this movie together and Well, it could have not suited the situation any better.

"I don't like this though. I couldn't even tell him that I came back. For him." I complain, winning. I need a bed right now, rolling around on it seemed a better option.

"You will get your chance, baby pie. We will tell him by the end of this day, even if we have to kidnap him." He says with all the seriousness he could muster, conjuring up some evil plan in his mind.