Chapter-37

The next morning was utter chaos. People everywhere, doing their assigned work, decorating every corner of the house. It was suffocating. Just too much.

The only quiet place was the area near grandma's room. It was calmer and more quieter around there.

But even in this room full of people, nobody was opening the bloody door for whoever was ringing the bell from the past 2 minutes. Even I could hear it all the way down to my room. I was already in a foul mood today and this constant ringing wasn't helping at all.

Deciding to go and check it myself, I headed towards the door, stepping heavily so that people would steer clear of me. But before I could reach there, the ringing stopped. Just like that. Hoping that somebody else answered the door, I rerouted to the kitchen.

I was thirsty.

I filled up my glass and headed towards my room when I saw my mom talking to Derek and Max. DEREK AND MAX. What?

Shocked I sputtered out the water I was drinking, but some of it went into the wrong pipe causing me to have a coughing fit.

It took 2 minutes of chest banging and coughing harshly to come back to normal, but I felt as if I was going to of this alone.

What is the actual hell is happening here though?. Was I imagining things now?

I rubbed my eyes and pinched myself to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Which I was not because they were still there, but now they had seen me. Crap!.

I should have hidden somewhere before they saw me.

"Hey, Mahi! Come here honey, your friends are here to see your grandmother and surprise you, but you get to surprise them too. " My mom calls out to me happily. "How lovely is that."

She likes when she has guests. Also, she already knew about Max and Derek. More about Derek than Max though.

I waved them from where I was standing trying not to grimace and started walking towards them slowly.

With each step I took, I could feel the tension building up in me. I was not ready for this. Me thinking that I could keep Max and D in the dark was the biggest mistake. 

"You are such a slowpoke child. Come and look after your friend Mahi. It's the first time they have come here, don't let them leave soon. Ok?. I have to go get your dress now. I'll be back in some time, " My mother continues, without a break. "Max and Derek, you guys should stay for the engagement. Mahi would love it." She says throwing me under the bus and then leaving me with them.

She was in a hurry otherwise she would have chatted their ears off and told everything about me. But she has caused enough damage now.

Max and Derek both looked at me confused. Instead of answering their unasked obvious question I just choose to sidetrack them.

"Hey! what are guys doing here?" I asked looking at them trying to bring some excitement to my voice.

"Did I not tell you that I'll come and get you.?" Max raises his eyebrow at me, showing me his bad-boy attitude.

"And we were also free, so, also we wanted to meet your grandma," D says next excitedly. If only he knew what actually is happening today he won't be all that happy.

"Uhh, Ok. Come." I tell them to follow me. D walks next to me while Max is walking right behind.

"Hey, baby doll?"

"Yeah?" I hummed waiting for him to ask me. I know what he is going to ask me.

"Who is getting engaged?. " He asked curiously.