Chapter-9

"The Queen... is here," I announced my entrance dramatically but all I got was an eye roll from D. This is an insult.

"Where is my food, slave?" I asked haughtily instead, as I continued into the living room and then into the kitchen. I could smell the delicious food that was cooked and ready to be devoured along with the smell of the chocolate cake that was calling my name.

I had a nose of a hound. My mom says that actually. I on the other hand would like to say that I just had a sensitive nose or whatever.

As I was walking into the kitchen, I saw Max standing opposite me, facing the other side and all I could see was his lean back. And what a mouth-watering figure he had. He had on a fancy suit thingy. I hadn't seen him properly a while back in the room due to all the commotion, but did he look fine.

Coming to a halt around the counter I was still admiring his lean body. He had an amazing physique with those biceps which would bulge every time he moved, the towering height along with that beautiful piece of booty. To me, he was straight out of a model catalog. I sound like a fangirl right now but who cares. I am appreciating the creation of god. Creation of god, huh! I wanted to laugh at that.

Whilst ogling him  I didn't notice that he had turned around and was now facing me, and he had surely caught me drooling over him. I could see the amusement in his eyes and the small smirk on his lips. Too bad we couldn't do anything about it. I will stare all I want.

"Your food is on the table, your highness," Seb said on behalf of his boyfriend, who right at the moment was holding an ice pack against his back and grumbling under his breath. Every time he would sit somewhere today, he would remember to think twice before playing a prank like that on me again. He should have planned it properly before being the victim of his own evil scheme. Idiot.

"By the way, how do I look?" I asked twirling in front of them. I loved this dress.

"Beautiful as always, babydoll," Seb complimented smiling softly. My smile widened at that.

"Like a yellow cabbage," D grumbled, glaring at me. I scowled at him. 

"You-"

"Mahi, babydoll, he is just pulling your leg. Finish your breakfast first," Seb intercepted me before I could break some more bones in his boyfriend's body.

Ignoring D's glares I sat down and started with my food. I didn't want the food to go cold just because I wanted to strangle the grumbling man/boy with the icepack or because of the man standing beside him with those intense smoldering looks in his eyes. 

One time he is amused and the next moment he is giving me these looks. Definitely bipolar, I should ask D about it.

"Oh My God... D where did you get this cake from? I for sure know you didn't make this." I asked amazed moaning at each bite. The cake was WOW. Just WOW. Not waiting for him to say something, I continued eating, ignoring him and everyone else around me. Mmmmm, I moaned to myself. I had literally lost myself.

I was so lost that I didn't hear any commotion around me. I was in a zone. 

"Could you for the love of god just please stop with your bedroom noises. You are fucking killing me here, baby." groaned out a hard voice, just behind me. I stopped chewing as I was still in the middle of finishing my cake. His sexy hard voice had literally brought me back to reality.

"Ok," I squeaked and swallowed hard, not because of the food but due to the man breathing down my neck. When did he sneak up on me like that? and how did I not feel his hands on me? 

He was now holding on to my waist, leaning on my back. The barstool was high enough for his entire front to be touching every part of my upper back. It was getting harder for me to just sit there as his body heat warmed me up, his scent surrounding me. Why was no one commenting about it? Why wasn't I?

Where were the guys anyways? Did they leave? I tried looking over my shoulder to see if they were still there, but nope, they left me with him.

Up until he had bought it up, I hadn't realized that I was moaning out, loud with every bite, or whether it would look weird to anyone. Coz common, I am living with a gay man, who loves it when someone appreciates his cooking.

And my moaning is actually dependent on the food I eat and how tasty that is. Derek actually likes it when I do that, he gets a sense of accomplishment. It's weird I know.

Now coming back to the situation at hand, he was still standing too close to me, but at least now I was finished with my breakfast and I could just make my escape. I had literally just inhaled my breakfast which consisted of egg, toast, and my favorite - chocolate cake. How could I have eaten peacefully when he was standing right behind me? Hovering like that.

"We have a little bit of important work in the office, so we decided to take you along with us for today, after that we all are going out. " Max said in his chocolaty husky voice which had me squirming on my seat, some more. I could feel the heat of his hand seeping through my dress, now. Getting aware of my surroundings, my senses were on high alert.

 Nobody had previously informed me where we were going today or what we were going to do, so I was wearing a beautiful yellow lace sundress that D's mom got for me. Just two straps were holding the dress in its place and it had a v neckline. The lace was only on the top part, the rest was ruffled lining and a cute tie on the lower back.

"Chose the wrong dress to wear today," I thought to myself, groaning under my breath.

"No love, you look absolutely gorgeous but it would help me a lot if you got covered a little bit more," he said leaning down and whispering in my ear while his right hand traveled from my shoulder to the glass near my hand. His palm skimmed my arm, leaving goosebumps in their wake. 

He was very clever, to others, it would look as if he was just leaning to get something from the table, but in reality, he was just being too, too touchy, trying to work his magic on me.

A shudder ran through me as his hands brushed mine in a slow caress, from the tip of my finger to my shoulder like he was trying to seduce me. Instant goosebumps. Again.

"People at the office would get distracted if you come looking like that, which would just not help the situation," he muttered under his breath, which I think was not meant to be heard by me or anyone else for the matter.

"If you don't want, I won't come-"

"That is not what I meant, love" Max intercepted before I could finish.

"Doll, If you are done, go get your bag, we are leaving. " Seb interrupted us coming back from his hiding. Finally, someone to the rescue.

Thankful for the distraction caused by him I got up from my seat, creating some distance between me and Max, and ran to my room. Closing the door behind me, I took deep breaths trying to calm my nerves. I should stop whatever that is going on between us, but it seems I could never think clearly near him. Deciding to just maintain my distance and enjoy myself, I got my jacket, my side bag, and my phone, and then I wore my sandals. All done and ready to go.

Looking at myself one more time in the mirror before leaving, I prepped myself to be brave and to have control over my brain. Taking a few long deep breaths to calm myself, I ended up in a coughing fit. Looks like I inhaled too much air. Thumping my chest and coughing a few more times, I was all ready to go out now.

This should be fun, I thought sarcastically.