Chapter-4

During the whole party where ever I looked, I would catch Max's eyes on me. His eyes followed literally my every move, like a hawk. It was rather unsettling and strange. But on the same hand, I loved his attention, and my heart started beating faster.

Also, it should have made me feel creepy but it didn't, it just sent shivers down my spine. The good kind of shivers, not those creepy ones. He would look at me like I was some kind of puzzle he was looking to solve or like I am his prey, I don't know which one exactly. Maybe he wanted to know why I was with D. Who knows?

And if I say so myself, my eyes were also following him, how else would I know that he was watching me? It was not only me; a male specimen like him sure gained attention from the female population around. He was surrounded most of the evening, girls fawning over him one after the other.

"Come on, we are going to dance now," D said dragging me, with him to the dance floor. I opened my mouth to protest but he was stronger than me. I don't know why he is so obsessed with dragging me everywhere. Does he think I am his doll or something?

This is what I was dreading the most, this specific part of the party. I love parties, just because I could wear something nice and have free food, but for the life of me, I could not dance. I was an awkward human being with no hands and legs coordination whatsoever.

Derek had his hands around my waist and mine were on his shoulders as we just moved slowly on the dance floor. This is a good position I think because this way I wouldn't fall and break my neck. And even If I fell, I won't be going down alone.

The song was kind of slow and upbeat at the same time, not necessarily a couple's slow sensual dances. It was fun, mostly for the young people.

All those who I was introduced to, assumed that Derek and I were a couple and we never corrected them because there was no need to. Obviously, the reason behind it was quite simple. We were never going to meet them again. Maybe Derek would have to, but I wouldn't be meeting them again in this lifetime. So, I didn't find the need to correct them. Let them think whatever they want. At least, that kept people away from me.

And for those who asked how we met, we would make up a stupid corny story to go with our lie. We had fun with that.

Just as the song ended, I practically begged D to leave the dance floor. We argued for a minute on the same spot but when I finally won and we were about to leave the dance floor, Derek's boss appeared out of nowhere asking me for a dance. At the same time, a slow song started which all the couples started to join.

"Could I have this dance, my beautiful lady?" He asked, but by his tone, he wasn't taking no for an answer. It rather felt like he was demanding.

And me being me, stood there, dumbfounded. He had that unique timbre to his voice. To me, it felt like dripping dark chocolate. Yum.

To save me from further embarrassment Derek answered for me, as I was just blinking at him, still daydreaming, imagining a chocolate fountain.

"Yes, of course, she will. She loves dancing anyway." Saying this he handed me over to his giant so-called boss. Actually, they were best friends, the one whom I hadn't met until today.

"No, I hate dancing," I grunted quietly to myself. That idiot just winked at me, as he went off the dance floor. He was taking his revenge and having fun with my misery for getting him in trouble with his parents.

Never in my life that is until now, have I felt comfortable with being close to someone. Even a single touch from strangers made me uncomfortable, but it was like electricity running through me, slowly but steadily when this guy touched me.

We danced slowly, swaying on our feet. The way he moved gracefully and rhythmically across the dance floor, with his arms around my waist, nobody could tell that I didn't know how to dance. He was that good as he was almost carrying my weight, but here I was trying my best not to step on his feet.

It felt amazing though. I hadn't experienced anything like this before until this very moment. This was dangerous, undiscovered territory for me and all the while I was dreaming thinking about the things he made me feel, he was trying to talk to me. Amazing, I was making a fool of myself again. I am on a roll today, I thought sarcastically.

"Are you always daydreaming or is it just, because of my good looks?" He asks me in a sexy deep voice, with a smirk on his face. I swear if dark chocolate could talk it would definitely sound like him. Damn.

I just blushed; I didn't know what to say even when the guy was making fun of me. Even with my dark skin, my cheeks looked like tomatoes when I blushed. I wasn't all white or all dark, I had a caramel complexion.

"Is it that your voice doesn't reach me or you don't talk to strangers?" He tries again, raising his eyebrows, amusement clear in his eyes. He was basically making fun of my height, now. I admit that I am not that tall, but I was average if not taller compared to all my friends back in India.

"If you would have been a tad bit taller, maybe then, you could have heard me," I said giving him a sarcastic smile. He should know he was freakishly tall. He just chuckled.

I was always good at comebacks, actually, I was the queen of comebacks if I may say so myself. I am a self-proclaimed queen. But that was what I thought. Semi proud of my answer, I was prepared for more to come but he just laughed.

And he looked so freakishly handsome. Oh my. I never thought I would ever say this but I wanted to squish his cheeks together and see what his pouted lips would look like. And if I could just bit them, just a little. Ok, don't judge me.

The party was in full swing now and the dance floor was getting crowded, but then he twirled me around making me gasp. When he pulled me back to him I burst into giggles. I have officially turned into a girly girl now. So disappointed in myself, I thought shaking my head internally.

"I am sorry for making fun of your height but I never found someone soo small, so sexy," he said in his husky voice while pulling me towards him by my waist. It wasn't like anybody was going to question our position. We were still on the dance floor. Is this song going to end or not?

But thinking of what he just said, this guy just insulted and complimented me in the same sentence. Do I look like a child to him? Why is he calling me small?

I just look small in front of him; otherwise, I am all good. Maybe I should have drunk my milk daily as my mom had told me. That way I could have been taller, I think.

"And you are a gorgeous piece of ass" I blurted out without thinking. God, I have no filter whatsoever sometimes. I clamped my mouth shut, after realizing what I just said. Screwing my eyes shut I just wanted the ground to swallow me up now.

But then after scolding myself internally, I open my left eye slowly to take a peek and sighed happily to see a big smile on his face. At least he was not offended. I sighed, a breath of relief.

"You think so?" He asks in a raspy tone. I look up, staring into his eyes.

Not able to look away from his mesmerizing look "Yeah," I say quietly, hypnotized under his gaze.

"Thanks for the compliment, baby."