Chapter-45

Going out with James and Alex was certainly not bad at all, I actually had fun, and not even once did I think about Max. Well, I did once but after that James occupied my time with his cuteness and if it was not him then it was Alex giving me company.

He was quite charming, to say the least. He was Vivian's older brother but even so, he was quite afraid of her. He is a chef and owns his own restaurant, which made me have an instant liking for him. I love food and I love those people, who can cook good food even more.

First, we went to his restaurant, where we had an amazing lunch. Well, it was lunch for me. Then, we went to an arcade. I had the best time there with James. The child was quite competitive, to say the least, but his uncle was a totally different case. He did not win even a single game, which I might say was the highlight of the day.

When I and James were teasing him about that he smirked and said, "I don't want you, babies, to cry, so I am letting you win. For today."

And we just booed him, making fun of him. We had turned into children quite literally.

After that, when the sun was going down, Alex suggested going to the harbor. I had been there once, and I had quite liked it. I like sitting by a lake, beach, or anything that has water. It provides me with a sense of calmness.

We sat on the bench for some time, had Ice cream, and had a walk, before deciding to head back home. While I was eating my Ice cream, a bulb went off in my head. In my whole mess, I had completely forgotten about Ross, my dessert partner, and things he had told me.

Instead of sulking and mopping around, I should try to get Max back. I know he still loves me, he is just hurt. Anyone in his place would be. I had decided to give up on us without even thinking it through. But in the back of my mind, I knew that if I had never shared it with my grandma, I would have regretted it in the future.

The main reason for me telling her the truth was just to see how she would react or think about this. And if I might say, I think I did the right thing. 

I was not expecting her to flip over completely and become modern though. I just wanted to know what she would do, just to make sure. Anyways, now the point is to convince Max, however hard it may be.

It was 9 at night when we reached home. James had fallen asleep in the back and I was also a little tired but Alex kept me awake talking the whole ride. We were just getting to know each other more and basically flirting with each other. I would have felt bad flirting with him but I was quite in a good mood, as I was filled with determination. 

I was going to win Max back no matter what, so this was the fun before going to war.

"I had fun today. Thank you for taking me with you guys," I thanked Alex honestly, feeling much better than yesterday.

"Yeah, me too and it's always a pleasure to keep such a beautiful lady, some company." He said smirking, getting started with his charm again.

I rolled my eyes at his flirty tone, " Now the lady and the little prince need to get home"

"Speaking of the devil, he is already sound asleep," Alex notices looking back in the back. That was the reason the ride bac was so quiet. Go figure.

"And you have to carry him now because we both know he won't wake up," I stated as a matter of fact because that was the truth.

"Yeah, let's go then." He said stepping out of the car and I followed next. 

He then, processed to carry his nephew, cradling the little boy carefully, and I watched how delicately he handed it all. 

" Anyways, I should be going now. It's getting late,"