96

I was sitting in my room, waiting for Katrina to bring Anna back. Honestly, I was nervous. I didn't know how long she could stay solid, and we all know that girls can sometimes take forever to get ready. Of course, I guess I wasn't one to talk. I huffed out a breath and stood up from bed, about to go see what was taking so long, when there was a light knock on my door. I opened it to see Kat and Anna standing there. Kat was in front of Anna, blocking my view of her. "Hi. I brought your girl back. Have fun, kids!" With that, she turned on her heel, and walked down the stairs. I watched her for a moment, then turned my eyes back to Anna. I took in her appearance for the first time. Her head was still turned, watching Kat, but I think she felt my eyes on her, because she looked back to meet my gaze. Her emerald eyes were accented with a smoky color and a small wing in the corner of her eyes. Her cheeks were glowing with a light peachy color, almost giving the appearance of sunlight on her skin. Her lips. I couldn't take my eyes off of them for a moment. They were full, more full that usual, filled in with a slight red color. Nothing too bold, but just enough to make me wonder if they tasted the same as before. An urge to take her into my arms surged through me so forceful, I had to clench my fists down by my sides. My eyes slid down, taking in the small silver chain with an X charm. That was mine and Sam's merch. Nice touch, Kat. My eyes dipped lower, briefly wondering what it would be like to place my lips on her collarbone. The emerald green top she wore, accented her already evident curves, softening them, making my hands crave her. When she shifted, the shirt rose a little more, that little strip of skin above her waistband calling my name. She had it paired with a pair of black, ripped skinny jeans and a white pair of Air Force Ones with green butterflies. Must be a new pair that Kat had gotten from Drip Creations. I hadn't seen those before. My eyes trailed back up her body, taking their sweet time, until I met her gaze again. When I opened my mouth to speak, a strangled, dry noise escaped. My cheeks flushed, and I cleared my throat. "Uh, you look beautiful," I finally managed to croak out. Her head dipped down, breaking our gaze. "Thank you. It was all Katrina though. She can work miracles," she replied softly. I reached out, and nudged her chin up with my fist. "Katrina can put makeup on you but that only enhances what is already beautiful," I said, trying to show how much I truly meant every word with my eyes. Her face flushed and I watched her pupils contract. I couldn't take it. I had to. I needed to feel her skin beneath my hands, her lips on mine. I lowered my mouth to hers, slowly, giving her time to stop me. I breathed a sigh of relief, just before my lips connected with hers. I meant for it to be soft, exploring, gentle. A fire ignited in me, fueled by the feel of her lips on mine. My hands acted of their own accord, grabbing her hips firmly, feeling her naked skin beneath them, as they pulled her against me. She gasped, opening her mouth, giving me the opportunity to explore deeper. She didn't resist, but instead wrapped her arms around my neck and tangled her hands in my hair. She pressed her body and lips against mine, melting into me. I rejoiced silently, and let my hands move up her body, just a little, barely under the hem of her shirt. Suddenly, she broke away from me, and I saw pain flash in her eyes before she turned her back on me. "What is it? Anna?" I asked, putting my hands on her shoulders. A couple of seconds later, my hands slid through the air as she turned transparent. When she looked back at me, her eyes were shining, like she was holding back tears. "Are you okay? I'm sorry if I moved too fast. I didn't mean too," I said softly, feeling horrible now. She shook her head and gave me a watery smile. "You didn't. I mean, it was too fast. I, um, I just..." she trailed off, her eyes begging me to understand. I didn't. Not in the slightest, because she hadn't really said anything. I backed away from her, holding my hands up. "Sorry," I said. "Won't happen again." I was fully aware that I had already made that promise before. It was just so hard in the moment to remember that. I was fiercely attracted to her, and I seemed to think more with my little brain than my big one. "It's okay. Really," she replied, giving me an awkward smile. I noticed that she had her hand on her chest, and her shoulders were moving with each heavy breath. "You acted like you were in pain. Is it happening again?" I asked, more concerned about her well-being now. I moved towards her, even though she was transparent, and she automatically backed up and held up the hand that wasn't on her chest. Not gonna lie, that hurt. I stopped and let my arms drop back down to my sides. "I'm okay. I just got overwhelmed with- with what happened between us," she said. I nodded, and looked away from her, not wanting to be stuck in this weird, awkwardness that was between us now. I walked over to my closet, and grabbed my leather jacket, then my phone off the bedside table. "Guess it's time to go. You don't have to go, if you don't want too. You can always stay and hang with Kat," I said, opening my bedroom door. The time she took to think about it, had my chest hurting even more. I really needed to stop doing these things to myself. Always falling for the wrong girl.