142 Anna's POV

He reached out his arms, like he was going to hug me, but then slowly let them drop back down to his sides. "It'll be okay. Don't cry." I reached up to my face, and realized that there was indeed a tear traveling down my cheek. "Maybe we'll get another chance. Maybe we won't. But I promise that I'm going to do everything in my power to help you," he replied, earnestly. Then, he gave me a smile. "Did you know that you automatically regenerate your clothes when you go back to your ghost form?" he asked. I glanced down at my chest, to see myself fully clothed. "Well, I'll be damned," I muttered, then looked back up to meet his gaze. "I'm sorry that I pushed myself onto you like that. I don't know what I was thinking," I said, quietly, overcome with embarrassment for the way that I had acted. He grinned and ran his hand through his hair. "Oh, don't be. I promise you, I didn't mind," he said, then winked at me. I giggled, and shook my head. "Perv," I replied. He gasped, like he was shocked that I had called him that. "Me? A pervert? No ma'am, you're the one who couldn't control herself. I guess my incredibly hot bod was just too much for you to handle. It's okay. I'll try to reign in the hotness from now on." "Oh, shut up!" I exclaimed. He always knew what to say to make me smile. He laughed, then motioned for me to follow him back to the couch. We both sat, and he turned to face me. "I'm glad you're back. I missed you," he said. "I missed you too. You know that we can't be anything more than- OH OW!" I exclaimed, as an extremely sharp pain went through my head, right behind my eyes. I snapped them shut, and pinched my forehead. "What is it?! Are you okay?" Colby asked. I shook my head, gently, unable to answer him for a moment. The pain passed after a few seconds, and I was able to open my eyes and look at him. "I'm okay. That was weird. Anyway, I forgot what I was saying. So, what about you? What do you have planned?" I knew that I was forgetting something but whatever it was must not have been that important. "What do you mean?" he asked, grimacing when he moved his injured arm wrong. "Like for today? I don't know. I can't do much, so I'll probably sit here and do some research. Seems like that's almost all I do anymore." I rolled my eyes. "You need to get out and have some fun. What about that girl that was over here? She seemed nice." He narrowed his eyes at me, and looked confused. "You mean Addy? I thought you didn't like her. You literally scared the shit out of her when she was here. And you busted my lip! What's going on with you today?" I shrugged, feeling annoyed but I didn't know why. "I don't dislike her. I don't know her. I was just messing around...and I didn't mean to bust your lip. That was...an unfortunate accident. Anyway, she liked you. I could tell. She might be a good friend. You should call her." I felt a strong pang of jealously shoot through me at the thought of him with her again. I didn't want that! So, why was I suggesting it?? He was quiet for a moment, staring at me with concern and confusion. "Anna, are you okay? Did something happen to you, while you were gone? You know I'll listen, if you want to talk about it," he offered. I shrugged again and smiled. "I don't really know what happened, or how long I was gone. I was in the Darkness. That much I know. I think she was there. The witch. She spoke to me, and caused me pain, like she always does. I can't really remember what we talked about though. That's the strange part. I didn't think that I would be able to get free again. Not sure how I did. I heard your voice, and then you could hear me. I guess maybe...it gave me strength." His lips stretched into a slow grin that lit up his entire face. "I like that," he replied softly. "Me too," I answered, matching his smile with my own. "What kind of research are you doing?" "Oh," he said, picking up his laptop. "I'm actually still researching that house. You know, the one that I found your doll in. There's something that I'm missing there. I'm just not sure what it is. Sam and I are going to-" A knock on his door interrupted whatever he was about to say. "Disappear," he muttered to me. I did, fading from his or anyone else's view. "Yeah?" he yelled out. "Hey," Sam said, opening his door. "Just checking in on you. You feeling okay? Do you need something for the pain, or need your bandages changed again?" Colby held his arm up for him to see it. "I think it's got a little while longer. It's still oozing whatever that stuff is, but not as much. The pain isn't bad, unless I move." Sam walked over to him and took his arm, inspecting it for himself, then nodded. "Yeah, it seems to be slowing down. That's good, I hope. Look, we need to talk about going back to that house. I still don't think it's a good idea, Colby." Going back to the house? They couldn't do that! It was too dangerous. Oh no, she wasn't going to be happy about this. I had to keep that to myself. I willed myself back to visibility, and opened my mouth to speak. "Oh shit!" Sam cried, jumping back from the couch. Colby glanced my way to see what Sam was staring at, then started to laugh. "Oh yeah," he replied, in between catching his breath. "Anna's back." Sam had his hand over his chest, his eyes wide. "I can see that. Think you could've mentioned it before I almost shit my pants?" Colby shrugged. "It's more fun this way." I couldn't stop the smile that grew on my face. I absolutely loved their relationship. I was glad that they had each other. "Don't talk about-" My voice cut off. I was moving my mouth, but nothing was coming out. "Don't talk about what?" Colby asked, confusion evident on his face. I shook my head, and pointed to Sam, then him, then me. I didn't know why I couldn't say it! Was she controlling me? Stopping me from hearing what their plans were?