151

I gulped. I knew that it was a promise, not a threat, and I liked my peace and quiet. I needed it. Plus, when would Anna be able to pop in, if Kat was always annoying me? "Got it," I replied, just as Corey walked back into the room. He was balancing a few drinks in his hands. "This is for you, Colbert. Miss Katrina, and Mr. Samuel. The others can get their own. I couldn't carry anymore," he said, passing us all drinks. "What is this?" I asked, sniffing it. It smelled fruity, but not too sweet. There was a faint hint of alcohol, tequila I was guessing, underneath the fruit smell. "Drink it. You'll thank me later. Time to spice this movie party up!" he replied, then moon walked over to his spot on the floor. I laughed and took a swallow of the drink. The taste was sweet, but the burn hit my throat and chest hard. I started to cough. "Holy shit, how much tequila did you put in here?" Sam asked. "Enough," Corey laughed out. The drink was actually really good, and after a few swallows, the burn didn't bother me anymore. The rest of the gang walked back into the room then, but Tara looked upset. "You okay?" Kat asked her. She smiled and shook her head. "Not really. I really like Jade, and I hate that she got so upset. I guess she just isn't used to things like that. Neither am I, really." She sighed, then looked from Sam to me. "Sometimes, it's really hard being your friend." "Ouch," Sam replied. I stayed silent, and took another sip of my drink. I let the alcohol burn away the sting from her words. "No, I love you guys," she replied, sitting back down on the couch with Jake. "I just mean that, there's always something happening with you. Whether it's internet drama, or a haunted house, trouble just seems to follow you. I wouldn't trade it for the world because you both mean so much to me. It just sucks that I can't really make new friends. Jade is a really nice person. You don't find those too much in LA." She shrugged and sat back, snuggling into Jake's side. "If she can't handle a little haunting, then I guess she wouldn't fit in anyway." We all stayed silent for a moment, trying to think of something to say. "She's welcome to come over anytime, but if she really is scared of our home, then maybe you can just invite her to the pool parties or something. That way, there will be plenty of people around for the ghost to pick on," Kat spoke up. Tara smiled sadly. "Maybe. But hey, enough of this deep stuff. Let's get this movie marathon going again!" "Yes, please!" Kat chimed in. Sam gave her a confused look. "What?" she asked, shrugging her shoulders. "I thought that you didn't want to see this movie..." he answered. She smiled at him, bashfully. "Well, I didn't, but now that I've seen most of it, I have to see the ending. Besides, I don't think it can scare me anymore than whatever the hell has been happening tonight." "You may have a point," Sam answered with a laugh. The movie started back up, but I wasn't really into it anymore. I had forgotten about the pain medicine that I had taken for my arm, when I downed that drink. They didn't seem to be mixing very well. My arm was starting to ache worse than before, and now I could add a queasy stomach, and heavy head to the list. I cradled my arm against my chest, then lay my head back and closed my eyes. "Are you okay?" I heard a very quiet whisper in my ear. I mouthed the word 'yes' so that Anna wouldn't worry, but kept my eyes closed. I was tired again, and honestly, just wanted to go back to bed. I think that I eventually drifted off, because I started to dream. Only, I knew it was a dream. Or, I knew it wasn't real, at least. I was in an old fashioned room, very old fashioned, with Anna. She was in a pale mint green ballroom dress that matched the walls, with white gloves that came all the way up to her elbows. Her thick, glossy hair was pulled back from her face, half curled up atop her head, with the rest hanging down her back. I watched it shimmer in the candlelight. I bowed to her, and smiled, when she giggled and curtsied. Ballroom music swelled, as I took her hand in mine. "May I have this dance?" I asked. "Of course," she answered, her emerald green eyes sparkling up at me. I pulled her with me, and began to waltz around the spacious room. I noticed our shadows mingling together, keeping time with the candleflames, out of the corner of my eye. I slid my hand a little lower on the small of her back and pulled her closer, flush against me. "Now, Sir Colby, this is too close for an innocent lady, like myself. It's unseemly!" I watched the blush rise in her cheeks, pronounced against her flawless skin. "Quite unseemly, ma'am," I replied. "But there's no one here to see," I whispered in her ear. She met my gaze and the world stood still. Nothing else mattered except her and I, alone in this magical room. I never wanted to leave. "We can be together here," she sighed, wrapping her arms around neck. "We would never have to leave. The things that keep us apart out there, they don't matter in here." I thought about her words, and imagined waking up beside her every day. Going to bed with her, every night. "We could always be like this. Dancing, watching the stars. Look," she said, and tilted her head back. I glanced up and saw that the ceiling of the room had disappeared. Instead, I saw a beautiful night sky, littered with sparkling stars. The moon shone brightly above our heads, it's silvery light beaming. "We could have it all here. There's no pain, or injuries. See? Your arm is healed. We would never die. Everything would be perfect. Don't you want that?" she asked. I looked back down to meet her gaze again, and nodded. "I do." She leaned up on her tiptoes and pressed her soft lips to mine. "Then stay with me. Forever." I closed my eyes and let her presence take me over. Her sweet scent swirled around me, and I pulled her even closer against my body.