179 Anna's POV

I couldn't figure out why this woman looked so familiar to me. I wouldn't say she was old, but she was definitely older. "Why do you look so familiar?" I mused, quietly. Did I used to know this woman? "I hope that I can help. Before we begin, can I see the back of your jacket?" That was a weird question. "Uh, sure, I guess," I replied, awkwardly, and turned around. I heard her exclaim "Oh!" so, I whirled back around. "What? What is it? Is everything okay?" "Sorry! Nothing," she said, twisting her fingers. "I use to have a jacket just like that. Brought back some memories for me. Let's hope it does the same for you. Now, can you tell me where you got the jacket?" I shook my head. "No. I never really tried to remember that. It seems...unimportant, I guess." "Sometimes, the smallest, most inconsequential things can be the most important. Can you try?" she asked. I nodded, but I was inwardly rolling my eyes. Why would where I got the jacket be important? What good would it do me to remember that I got it from some stupid store? I squeezed my eyes shut, and tried to concentrate on the jacket. I pictured it in my mind, and tried to imagine myself buying it. After a few minutes of nothing, I opened my eyes and shrugged. "I got nothing. Sorry," I replied. It seemed like the lady was disappointed, or even hurt by my answer. "That's okay," she answered, with a sigh. "Do you mind trying again?" Was she a therapist or something? Why had Sam and Colby brought her into my situation? "Sure," I said, hearing the aggravation in my tone. I couldn't help thinking that this was a waste of time though. "Thank you, Sta- Anna," she replied. Why did she keep calling me that? Stacia...I really liked the name, but it wasn't mine. No matter how comfortable it made me feel. This was weirder than me being a solid ghost. I pictured the jacket in my mind again, but this time, I pictured me holding it up against myself, looking in a mirror. Like I was going to try it on. A bright light flashed in my mind, and I automatically opened my eyes. "Did something happen?" the lady, Christine, asked. I shook my head again. "I don't know. There was a bright flash of light. It startled me, so I opened my eyes and lost whatever it was." I didn't wait for her to ask me to try again. I closed my eyes and pictured the same thing, me holding the jacket up to myself in a mirror. The edges became fuzzy after a minute, and the white light seemed to be creeping into the scene now, instead of a flash. I watched myself throw her head back and laugh, before looking at someone out of view. I was wearing the same outfit that I had on now, without the jacket. The scene inside the mirror sharpened and I could see a small pink and white dresser behind myself, with a little table lamp. A feeling of comfort washed over me. The me in the mirror turned to the side and spoke with whoever was in the room, before getting a deliriously happy grin on her face. I felt tears form in my eyes from the intensity of the scene. I didn't remember that happy feeling, and I wasn't sure that I ever would. An arm came into view, passing me a hanger with the jacket on it. I watched myself put it on, then spin in the mirror. "Thank you Hols," my own voice whispered. I thought it came from inside my head, but the words had come out of my own mouth. "Stacia?" I heard the lady ask again. I opened my eyes and stared at the lady. An almost overwhelming sadness crashed over me, as I tried to tell them what had happened. "It was- I don't know. I saw myself in a mirror. Then I saw someone pass me the jacket. I wasn't in a store, but in someone's room. I felt really safe and comfortable. Like it was home, but it wasn't. I think it was my best friend's place. I think her name was Holly. I called her Hols! Do you think this is a real memory?!" The sadness was still there, but I started to get excited about remembering something else. "Yes," Christine answered. "It's definitely a real memory." Then I noticed that tears were streaming down her face. "Are you okay?" I asked, hesitantly. She nodded, and pressed a tissue to her face. "I am. I'm just happy for you. That's all." I smiled at the kind, older lady. "Thank you. And thank you for your help. Do you think that the same technique might work for other things?" "It could. If you think of the right moments. I can stick around and help you...if that's okay?" She looked at the guys for confirmation. "YES!" I exclaimed, not giving them a chance to answer. "Please do! I really want to see her face. My friend. Holly. I know that's her name. I can feel it." Christine smiled at me, sadly. "Yes, I'm sure her name is Holly." I widened my eyes in surprise. "IS? Do you think she's still alive?" She pressed her lips together, and seemed to be trying to hold back the tears that were still coming. Somehow, it didn't make me uncomfortable anymore. She sniffed before answering me. "Yes, I'm sure of it. Judging by your outfit, the jacket, and how young you look, I'd say you were in your early 20's in the 80's. So, there's a great chance that she's still alive. You know, I was in my early 20's in the 80's." "Really? Oh my God, that's great! Maybe I can find her! Maybe she lives close by! Can we look her up? In the phonebook or something? Wait, I'd have to remember her last  name to do that. Hold on, lemme try again! This is so stellar!" I was rambling and I knew it, but this was the closest that I had ever gotten to actually knowing anything. I didn't even remember my sister's name! I mashed my eyes together again, and tried to push another image to the front of my mind. I only saw darkness. I tried again and again, but nothing ever appeared. Not even the white light. I opened my eyes and plopped down onto the couch beside Colby. "This is totally bogus," I groaned, laying my head against his shoulder. "It's gonna be okay," he replied. "This is an amazing start, Anna!