Perospero x Reader {She's Mine?}

Perospero's Pov

"You wanted to see me, Mother?" It wasn't often that my mother wished to see me although as I looked around the room, I noticed a few things. However, I believe the girl currently bound to a chair was the most interesting. She clearly didn't want to be in the room but I remained quiet as I returned my attention to my mother. "Yes, my son. I want you to meet Princess (Y/n). She's a sweet girl"

I could that she was indeed sweet looking although looks weren't always a reflection of a person's personality. "Why is she here mother?" My eyes had still been on the girl but quickly turned away when my mother spoke. "I have decided you will marry her. Your younger brother didn't like how short she was and passed on the opportunity" I hadn't expected this to happen however wasn't about to pass this up. "M-Marry?" Again, my eyes shifted back to (Y/n) although she was looking to the side now. "Yes, she's all yours. I have afternoon tea but free feel to get to know her better"

"Thank you, mother!" I waited until she had left and informed the guards they could go as well before approaching the girl. "Go away! I'm not marrying any of you creeps!" (Y/n) must not have been expecting this to happen so I gave her a pass for the outburst. "Sorry darling but you're not going to have a choice in the matter. How about I untie you then get you something to eat? You're looking pretty thin" Well I did want a wife I also wanted to make sure she was healthy. "I'd rather starve!"

"Perospero what are you doing?" I didn't take my eyes off (Y/n) although her eyes widened in fear at the appearance of my sibling. "Mother has given me this girl. She's a cute one" I thought she was adorable but when my brother started to speak, I watched (Y/n) tear up. "Pretty ugly if you ask me" There just wasn't true and to make sure he left quickly I let my tone drop a few levels. "Is there a reason you came in here?"

"I-I should get going" He was out of the room within ten seconds but the damage was already done. "Awe, what's wrong (Y/n)? My brother didn't mean it" I knew she was afraid and I didn't want to push her away further. "D-Don't talk to me" She'd understand in time that this was a good thing. "Alright but I am going to untie you. In time you'll see this is for the best. I promise to keep you safe no matter what"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

One Year Later...

"Pero these lights aren't working" (Y/n) had been playing with those lights for the past hour so far although it was cute so I didn't interrupt her. "There's probably a burnt-out bulb. Don't worry about it sweetheart" She was still on the ground although titled her head back. "How come we can't have a real Christmas tree? I don't like the look of this fake one" This was only our second Christmas together but after what happened last year, I made sure not to have a real one near her. "Maybe next year"

"I saw one outside. We can just cut it down and drag it here" She was a smart one although (Y/n) wasn't quite smart enough to realize having one in our house would only cause her problems. "Sorry (Y/n) but I know you start getting red eyes when trees are involved. You're stuck with this fake one" It looked just like the real thing so I wasn't sure why she felt the need to complain. "Did you at least make me any cookies?"

"Of course. They're still cooling but you can decorate them after" Her head nodded however when she stood up, I uncrossed my legs for her to sit in my lap. It was one of her favorite spots in the house. "Good... Pero you know I feel bad you got me all these presents and I didn't get you anything" My eyes looked beneath the tree where a mountain of gifts sat, I might have gone overboard but (Y/n) was worth it. "It's fine I didn't like presents and having you here is enough for me... Although if you want to give me a present, I have a few ideas. Kukukuku"

"No! Stop looking at me like that!" She never moved away from me but I could see that blush slowly spreading to her ears. "It was just a thought (Y/n)" Making her mad was the last thing I wanted but since this was the holiday season it took a lot to have that happen. "Thoughts should stay in your head, Pero" Her finger pointed to my forehead but moved away as a little yawn escaped those sweet lips. "I suppose you make a good point sweetheart"

"I'm going to take a nap. Let me know when you fix the lights" I didn't need to follow her and she had given me a task so I'd remain here until it was completed. "Alright sweetheart. I'll take care of it"

"Thank you and Merry Christmas"

"Yes, Merry Christmas to you as well"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

End