Ace x Reader {The Christmas War} AU

"Come on (Y/n)! We're going to be late if you don't hurry up!" I was sitting on the couch putting on my socks while Ace stood by the front door with a little pout on his face. "Why do we have to go to your family's house for Christmas dinner Ace? Last year was bad enough with those crazy people"

Now while I didn't mind being around Ace's family, I knew that it would be a full-on war at his family's house especially when it came to getting something to eat. I found out the hard way last year when most of my meal was stolen from me by his kid brother Luffy. "I'll protect your food my Love~ Now come on at this rate the food will be gone before we even get there~"

"If you insist Ace. Don't start a fight this year though"

~~~~~~~~~

"Ace, my boy I'm glad you could make it, and (Y/n) it's good to see you too! I was starting to think you two weren't going to make it, please come in! Let me take your coats" I handed Whitebeard my coat as something knocked me to the ground. "Oi! Get off my girlfriend! I didn't bring her over here to get knocked to the ground Luffy!"

Thankfully Shanks came over and removed Luffy from me as Ace helped me up. "Are you alright (Y/n)?" I let Ace dust me off before I started walking into the living room where everyone else was drinking hot chocolate and talking together. "Hey, (Y/n)~ You're late what took you so long?"

"I was preparing for the war, though I wasn't prepared to be jumped when I walked through the door. Ace should have walked in first" The others started to laugh as I took an empty seat and was handed my own mug of hot chocolate. "Hahahaha. Ah yes, the annual Christmas war at Pop's. Law is around here too (Y/n), you might be safe with him. If you can find him that is, we haven't seen him for a couple of hours now"

"She'll be perfectly safe with me and what do you mean Law hasn't been seen for a couple of hours... Oi Luffy where's your doctor!?" Ace sat down next to me as he stole the mug out of my hand and took a sip before he handed it back to me. "Hm, I don't know. He might have left, he's not exactly a people person... I'm going to look for him"

Luffy left the room as I rested my head on Ace's shoulder and took a sip from my mug. "How have you been Ace? Are you enjoying living with your girlfriend or do you need us to send help? Blink once for yes and twice for no. Hehehe" I shook my head as I ignored the antics of Ace's crazy brother's.

"Living with (Y/n) is great. She's a hell of a cook you know and I love her so much~" As we continued to talk amongst ourselves, Shanks entered the room to let everyone know that dinner was ready. "You better keep my food safe Ace and you better not try to eat it either!"

"I wouldn't dream of it my Love~"

~~~~~~~~~

"Luffy stop it this is my food! Law control your brat!" The rubber boy kept trying to steal everyone's food at the table but he wasn't the only person doing it. "Ace! You can sleep on the couch forever if you don't do something!"

"Calm down (Y/n)~ It's alright, shhh~" I started to glare at Luffy as his arm shot across the table but thankfully Ace grabbed it as he threw the boy across the room. "Damn it Luffy stop messing with (Y/n)'s food! I'm not going to let you be the reason I have to sleep on the couch!" When Ace got hands-on with Luffy, Law actually stood up as he started to pick a fight with my boyfriend.

"Fire Fist-ya don't touch him! Don't make me hurt you" As Law made his way over to the two boys a few others stood up from their spots as they glared at the man. "Oi Law don't talk about my brother like that-yoi! You mess with him and you'll deal with me-yoi!"

Great the other doctor in the room decided to speak up, I would have thought he would have been the last person to pick a fight since last year he stayed in his chair during the fights. "Boys, boys, calm down~ Sit back down before you destroy anything else"

"He started it!"

~~~~~~~~~

After the fight during dinner, I had managed to finish my meal but Pop's house had taken a fair bit of damage due to more of the family members joining in on the fight. Heck, even Shanks knocked out someone when he threw an empty bottle of sake across the room. "Thanks for dinner Pop's! I'm sorry Ace put a hole in your wall!"

"It's alright (Y/n), he does it every year~ Drive slow the roads are still quite icy and hopefully you two can make it to the New Year's party"

"We'll see! See ya later!"

~~~~~~~~~

End