Ace x Chubby!Reader {The Fireplace} AU

"Ace, where are you!? I can't see anything!" The snowstorm had knocked the power out and usually Ace could just use his powers to light up the room but I couldn't find him. "Ace? You know I hate the dark, do something!"

I heard the door open behind me as Ace walked into the cabin holding something in his arms. "(Y/n) what's wrong, oh the powers out. Let's give the room some light" Ace walked past me as he dropped whatever he was carrying on the ground before he formed a flame in his hands. "(Y/n) don't cry I'm here just let me start us a fire and then we'll cuddle in front of the fireplace together~"

"You know I don't like the dark Ace. Do you know where the flashlights are?" This was Ace's grandfather's cabin so I didn't know where anything was but I know for a fact that I put flashlights on the stuff to bring list. "I think I forgot them... but I'll have a fire going in a second (Y/n). Here, use the flashlight on my phone if you want to"

"Thanks, Ac- Why do you have a picture of me as your background picture, look at how chubby my cheeks look!" Ace knew that I didn't like it when he took my photo but he didn't like to listen to me since he would always take pictures of me when my guard was down. "I know you look so adorable in that picture and I get to look at your pretty face whenever I want to!"

"No, I don't! Stop taking pictures of me without me knowing about it. I'm pretty sure that I'm asleep in this one!" Ace wasn't looking at me since he was trying to get the fire going though, I could just feel that he grinning from my spot on the couch. "You might have been but I couldn't help it (Y/n)... Okay the fires starting, come lay down with me (Y/n)"

"You're lucky it's Christmas time Ace" I settled down next to him as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "I love you so much (Y/n)~ Oh, I got some wine for us! I left it in the kitchen, I'll be right back~" Ace untangled himself from me before he runs out of the room to retrieve the wine. I was busy watching as the fire flickered back and forth so didn't notice when Ace had returned until he tapped me on the shoulder.

"(Y/n)?" When Ace called my name, I turned around but that's when I saw he was down on one knee and was holding an opened ring box in his hands. "We've been together for a while now (Y/n) but from the moment I first saw you I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life by your side. You complete me and I couldn't imagine there being a single day that I was without you. Will you marry me?"

"I-I-I... Yes! Yes! Of course, I'll marry you, Ace!" After he slid the ring onto my finger, he pulled me towards him as his lips smashed into mine. I was a little surprised when he started to take off my shirt but I let him continue. "Beautiful... I love you so much (Y/n) and now I get to have you forever~ I can't wait to start planning the wedding"

"I love you to Ace"

~~~~~~~

End