Chapter 1

Edit: the first chapters aren't as good, coming from someone who just updated chapter 57- this books gonna be a rollercoaster that's for sure. But just enjoy and read the sequel after!! <3

Alex's pov:

"Alexander, honey, are you almost ready? You can't be late on your first day as a senior!" My adoptive mom, Mrs. Washington yells from downstairs. The Washington's just adopted me from a small orphanage in Nevis about 6 months ago so I'm not calling either of them my parents. Although, Mr. Washington loves calling me son. I hate it. "I'm almost done!" I yell back. Yeah, that's a lie, I haven't even started getting dressed.

Let's start from the beginning.

Hi, I'm Alexander Hamilton, a bisexual senior in high school. I've just been accepted into one of the biggest private schools in America. My dad walked out on us and my mom died from a illness when I was 12. My brother drowned in a hurricane that destroyed my town. I moved in with my cousin, two years later he committed suicide. So then I was sent to an orphanage where the Washington's adopted me. Now that I live with them, I'm overall normal. Except I have a certain little secret.

————————————————————————

"Now son," Mr. Washington starts. "Don't call me son-" I cut him off with a groan. He sighs then continues talking. "I don't want you getting into any trouble at school. I know you've never had a proper education before so this is going to be a challenge, but we can get through it." Mr. Washington says, "Now get out of the car before you're late." I nod, sling my backpack over my shoulder, and hop out of the car.

I walk into the crowd of teens trying to get into school and feel so small compared to them. It's true, I'm short for my age. I'm 16 and 5'6 so, yeah. I'm so lucky we don't have to wear uniforms here because I don't know what I'd do without my oversized hoodies and converse. I walk up to the lady at the front desk.

"Hi, I'm Alexander Hamilton, I heard there was a volunteer to give me a tour?" I ask her politely as she types something on her computer. "Oh, yes. Let me go get her really quick." She goes into the door behind her and comes out with a girl my age wearing a red strapless crop top. "Hi, I'm Maria Reynolds, your guide. You're Alexandra, right?" She asks. I subtly cringe at the name. "I-its Alexander, actually." She looks down at her clipboard and squints. "Hmm, must be a typo. Anyways, let's start the tour."

"Here's the cafe, it's open 5am-2pm everyday, do you can come here in between classes." We leave the cafe and go up some stairs. "Here's the library," I gasp and look around the room. It's very big with bookshelves that are at least 10 feet tall.

We continue on with our tour. "And here," she pushes open a white door purposely splattered with colorful paints. "Is our art room!" It's a beautiful room filled to the brim with self-expression. There's multiple bulletin boards around the room with drawings pinned into it. One section is portraits of people, one of inanimate objects, animals, and landscapes.

The room is mostly empty considering I got here early for the tour but I see someone in the back of the room hunched over, drawing. I walk over to them curiously. "Hey," I say, startling the person. "Whatcha drawing?" I peek over their shoulder. "It's a soft shell turtle. I saw it when we went to a field trip to the aquatic center last week."

Their voice is nice, calming almost. "Hey, Alexander, I have to go take another tour. You okay here?" I nod in response and Maria leaves the room. "It's pretty. I'm Alexander by the way, I'm new here." I extend my hand and they shake it.

"Nice to meet you, I'm John. Welcome to hell I mean- our school." He says with a slight chuckle. I smile at his humor. He turns back around and continues his drawing. While he's drawing I take a good look at him. He has curly brown hair pulled into a ponytail with a few loose strands poking out, tan skin with a ton of freckles, and these amber eyes with green specks unlike any I've seen before.

Johns POV:

Alexander seems pretty nice. I finish up the last details of my turtle and sigh happily before examining it. I stand up and walk towards the animal bulletin board so I can hang up my sketch. "It's really nice, you're a great artist." Alexander says, making me smile. "Thanks. Oh, question," he tilts his head in response, "Can I call you Alex? I don't like calling people by their full name it makes me sounds mad."

He chuckles at me. "Of course, hey do you know what time it is?" I take my phone out of my back pocket. "Oh shit- it's almost 8:00! We have classes to get to! Oh- do you know what your first class is?" I say hurriedly, "Uhh shit let me check, uhhh math." I nod and tell him I have the same class so we can walk together.

A/N sorry about the crappy first chapter!