Chapter 29

Johns POV:

Eight days.

Eight  days I've been here, in this hellhole.

Eight days I've had to put up with Reynolds' shit.

Eight days without going to school.

Eight days without holding my lexi.

Eight days without seeing my siblings.

Eight  days without going out with my friends.

Eight  days without being a normal teenager.

Eight days of being a prisoner.

Eight days of begging Reynolds not to do it.

Eight days.

My thoughts are interrupted with a soft knock on the bedroom door. Reynolds is out today, I don't know where. I get off the bed and wipe my tearstained cheeks and answer the door.

"Sorry to bother you, s-sir, but do you want something to eat? I'm s-sure Reynolds hasn't been feeding you enough." Seabury squeaks.

Oh yes. Samuel seabury. He's nice, under these circumstances. He always tries to feed me and 'accidentally' interrupts Reynolds while he's trying to..you know. I think I've figured out how Reynolds has lee wrapped around his finger, but I'm not sure.

"You don't have to call me sir, sam. I'm not Reynolds. If you have extra food that would be nice. Also maybe a glass of water?" He nods shyly and closes the door before coming back moments later with a ham sandwich and water. I give him thanks and eat the sandwich hungrily.

"Samuel.." I start, making him look up at me. "Do you think you can get my phone? I just need it for a moment, to tell Alex I'm alright. That's all, I swear." He gulps and fiddles with his hands. Just like Alex used to.

"I- I don't know sir- I mean- John. Reynolds told me he would hurt me and Charles if we helped you escape." I look at the floor defeatedly.

"But Samuel you're not helping me escape. You're helping me make sure Alex doesn't put me on a missing persons website. That'll help him find me. You know that, right? Reynolds won't find out I just need it for a second then I'll give it back. Promise."

He ponders for a moment but nods, waking over to the safe. I watch as he types in the code, seemingly forgotten to block the keypad. 1782.        Yes! I try to play off my excitement with a small smile as he hands me my phone.

~you've unblocked youngscrapy~

Johnnyjohnny: Alex?

Alex's POV:

I'm crying for about the 30th time since john's been gone when I hear my phone ding. Uninterested I just cry some more. But then there's another. And another.

I angrily pick it up but my mood changes lighting quick when I see who's texted me.

~johnnyjohnny has unblocked you~

Johnnyjohnny: Alex?

Johnnyjohnny: lexi?

Johnnyjohnny: please answer

Johnnyjohnny: i don't have a lot of time until reynolds gets back

Youngscrapy: Oh my god, John! You're okay!

I wipe away away a happy tear.

Johnnyjohnny: im alive at least

Johnnyjohnny: ive missed you

Youngscrapy: I've missed you so much I don't think you understand. Where are you?

Johnnyjohnny: i don't really know reynolds hasnt took me outside the entire time

Youngscrapy: He hasn't been hurting you has he? If that fucker touched you I swear to god.

Johnnyjohnny: im fine its okay

Youngscrapy: That's not what I asked, though.

Johnnyjohnny: he touched me but im fine lexi, I swear

Youngscrapy: Has he...you know...

Johnnyjohnny: not yet. hopefully he's content with just touching me not actually doing it

Youngscrapy: I have to get you out of there, John. I'm putting up missing persons posters of you, maybe it will help the police track you.

Johnnyjohnny: lex, don't. you know what he's gonna do if i don't stick to my terms. he'll send the photo to my dad i can't have that

Youngscrapy: John..

Johnnyjohnny: hes already had me for eight days he has to grow bored sometime i can manage a little while longer

Youngscrapy: Please be safe. Don't do anything to make him hurt you, please. I can't have you getting hurt.

Johnnyjohnny: i won't

Johnnyjohnny: shit lex i have to go reynolds is pulling up in the driveway

Youngscrapy: Be safe, Johnny.

Johnnyjohnny: i will. I'll text you next time I get the chance goodbye lexi

Youngscrapy: goodbye jackie be careful

I wipe away another tear. I'm happy he's okay but this isn't healthy for him. He's letting Reynolds take control of him because he's scared of getting hurt but this is gonna scar him even more. I don't know how to help him.

I feel so helpless.