Chapter 32

Alex's POV:

"H-hey guys..."

Laf, Peggy, and herc all come over and engulf me in a hug.

"No offense, mon ami, but you look like shit." Laf points out. "Yeah I'm aware, thanks." Herc and Peggy glare at him. "Don't be rude, you French piece of sh-" herc glares at her. "PEGGY. WATCH YOUR PROFANITY."

I groan internally and rub my temples, still slightly dizzy. "Okay but all jokes aside, you okay Alexander?" Laf asks, I nod and plaster a fake smile on my face. "Yeah. My head just h-hurts a bit."

Herc frowns a bit and Peggy hips over to me and hugs me comfortingly. "John's okay, Alex. He's strong." I nod. He shouldn't have to be strong.

"Um, Alex, there's something on your sleeve." Herc says, pointing to my arm. I quickly cover it and try not to hide in pain. "I was p-painting. Don't worry about it." Laf, herc, and Peggy give each other knowing glances and I choke back a sob.

"Alexander, mon ami, come over here please." I trudge over to where they're sitting on the bed and sit in-between him and Peggy. He holds my hand softly, smiling a bit. Then out of nowhere he quickly pulls my sleeve up, grazing the cuts, making me whimper in pain.

"Alex...." Peggy and laf say in unison and herc just comes over and hugs me, starting to tear up. "I know it's been hard for you, worrying about John and all. But he wouldn't want you to do this, Alex. You know that. If you ever feel like...cutting call one of us. We'll come over right away. Okay?" Peggy comforts, I nod and tell herc not to cry.

"I'm not c-crying. It's just rely dusty up here...allergies." Laf raises an eyebrow at him. "Uh-huh, sureeeee." Herc smiles and pushes laf lightly. Peggy looks at them then me and wiggles her eyebrows. I nod and smile a bit.

"Wanna go take a shower, and we can help make your room more livable?" Laf offers, spreading his arms to point at my cluttered room. "Um, sure. Thanks you guys." I say, fiddling with my hands.

They all say no problem and I head to the shower, lucky I have such great friends.

Johns POV:

Reynolds and Francis left a little bit ago, I'm not sure why. But I'm using this to my advantage. I slink downstairs to make me some food.

"Laurens, what are you doing down here?" I hear lee say from the front room. "I'm hungry." I shrug and continue walking to the kitchen. "They didn't lock the door or anything?" I shake my head and grab some bread from the cabinet. "Here, lemme make it. Go back upstairs though, I don't want them to find out I let you make food."

I sigh but nod and make my way upstairs. I see Samuel walk over to lee and wave at him, earning a small smile and a wave back. I hear them beginning to talk so I sit on the stairs and listen, being the nosy pest I am.

"Charles, we can't keep letting Reynolds and Francis keep him here. You heard what Reynolds did, and saw what Francis did to him yesterday! I don't think he can take too much more of this!" I scoff a bit. I'm not weak. I can take this.

"I know, Sammy. But what are we supposed to do? Let him out? You know what they're gonna do if they found out we let him escape." Sam nods and looks down at the floor. "At this point I don't care if they show my and your parents the picture, charles..." he mumbles. Lee puts his hand under seabury's chin and tips his head up. Then he kisses his forehead softly.

Ha, knew it.

"We could run away together..." Sam mumbles playfully, making lee chuckle. "I'll think on it, Sammy." Lee says, smiling softly. Samuel cups his cheeks in his hand and plants a soft kiss on his lips.

I wanna cry but smile at the same time. They remind me of me and Alex. I smile and sniff, seeing them work together to make me food, so I go back upstairs quietly.

A few minutes later Charles comes into the room, holding a tray with a sandwich, water, and chips. "Thanks." I say smiling. He smiles back softly and turns to leave. "I saw you and Samuel." He turns back around and turns bright red. "You two are cute." He holds back a grin. "T-thanks." He stutters. I nod and he leaves.

I hope they help me escape.

I eat my food and remember that I have the code for the safe. I type in the code and take my phone out to text Alex.

Johnnyjohnny: hi Lexi

I wait a few seconds and he immediately replies.

Youngscrapy: Johnny, hi. Are you okay? Have they hurt you? Do you think you'll be back anytime soon? I miss you.

Johnnyjohnny: im fine im a little hurt but it's nothing to worry about. i think lee and seabury are gonna get me out but I don't know when. i miss you so much tell the gang i said hi

Youngscrapy: They're here right now, wanna text in the group chat?

Johnnyjohnny: sure

Da gang😗✌️

Nomoresex🥱: hey guys

And pegGAY: JACKYYYY IVE MISSED YOU ARE YOU OKAY

Large baguette 🥖: Omg hi John are you okay?

Upinitlovinit: JOHN JOHN JOHN I MISS YOU DID THEY HURT YOU

Nomoresex🥱: yes im okay i miss you all and i can't believe I'm saying this but i can't wait to go back to school

And pegGAY: school literally is so boring without you

Upinitlovinit: WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK DO YA KNOW

Large baguette 🥖: Yeah everyone's worried about you

Nomoresex🥱: i think ill be out soon lee and seabury don't want me to keep staying here

Upinitlovinit: I LOVE THEM NOW

And pegGAY: seabury's so innocent how'd he tangled in with them?

Nomoresex🥱: i think the same way i did, blackmail on him and lee they're a thing and don't want their parents knowing

Large baguette 🥖: Why's everyone so homophobic all the time damn.

Upinitlovinit: FR

And pegGAY: facts

Nomoresex🥱: i have to go y'all ill text you when i can i miss y'all so much

And pegGAY: aw bye i miss you tooo stay safe okay?

Large baguette 🥖: Can't wait to see you bye for now John

Upinitlovinit: BYE JOHN I MISS YOU

Youngscrapy: Bye Johnny. Please stay safe.

Nomoresex🥱: i will bye everyone